Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Blog page post squishes with lower resolution or smaller window

Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:44 PM
scakuma

3 posts · Apr 2010
Hello again!

Here I am again with a second question.. I've scoured the forums and cant seem to find an answer to this question.

When I view the page that blogs are posted to at a lower resolution, the center column gets squished into the center of the page and is basically unreadable. Is there a way to make the posts maintain a certain width? Currently they dont even extend to the margins (like they do when you click on the post title to see the entire blog post).

Here is the page in question http://kudickchiro.com/?page_id=134

Thank you again for your help. I have to say that I'm really enjoying WP and especially the Atahualpa theme. I'm learning a lot and am looking forward to making this site shine!

-Jeremy
Old Apr 13, 2010, 05:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this is an issue of screen real estate
let's say you define your page to have a fluid width and then define the right and left sidebars to be 300px wide each. The center area gets what is left of the screen width, so if you are on a monitor set th a width of 1920px wide, the center area is 1920-(300x2)=1320 plenty of space, but if you look at the site on a 800px wide screen you get 800-(300x2)=200px for the center area - very squished!

This explains the dilemma all web designers have. How to make a site look good for the people that look at the site. You need to decide what the majority of users screen size will be and then build for that.