Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Different color posts for each author

Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:39 PM
Tars Tarkas

1 posts · Sep 2009
Hi, I run a multi-author blog and am trying to figure out how to have each author's posts show up in different colors (i.e. - a different color background and probably font for each author). I was able to do this in other themes, but I cannot figure out where to enter <div>s for each author without the Atahualpa theme erroring out or posting doubles of each post. There might also be a much easier way with the new wordpress author tags.

The usual way I have done it in the past is by editing a div to <?php the_author() ?> and then editing each author in the CSS. I cannot get any CSS modifications to apply to any pages, and I do not think it recognizes authors despite my intentions.

I have also been attempting to go off of code listed here: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ighlight=color

but I cannot even get individually numbered posts to change their background unless I use this:
Code:
div#post-2456 {
background: #123456;
}
no other format seems to work. I am sure I am probably missing something very simple. Thanks for any help.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 07:28 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Try this edit in Style & edit CENTER COLUMN -> The LOOP

<div class="<?php $the_author; ?>">
<?php /* Post Container starts here */
if ( function_exists('post_class') ) { ?>
<div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class("$odd_or_even"); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } else { ?>
<div class="<?php echo ( is_page() ? 'page ' : '' ) . $odd_or_even . ' post" id="post-'; the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } ?>

<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_pagination('<p class="post-pagination"><strong>'.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'</strong>','</p>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>

</div><!-- / Post -->
</div>

Then add your CSS at "CSS Inserts"