Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Jquery/js error - conflict

Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:58 AM
grasshopper

20 posts · Jun 2009
Hi -

This isn't about the theme, but I've noticed some discussion about jquery/js conflicts and saw that Flynn is planning some changes to the Theme because of the conflicts related to Featured Content Gallery plugin.

I too am having a jquery error related to the More Fields datepicker plugin and I'm hoping that you could provide a solution. When I activate the datepicker plugin, I can't drag and drop my Widgets. I get the following error:

Line: 39
Char: 1000
Code: 0
URI: mydomain.com/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=1&load=hoverIntent,common,jquery-color,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-droppable,admin-widgets&ver=2203e0189e7d540d81024839750b0838[/url]

I've looked all over wordpress, google, other support pages and can't find a solution. I appreciate any help or solutions you can provide.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by grasshopper; Aug 5, 2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 06:21 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Look into the order in which jQuery, Mootools etc. are loaded on your site and make sure one Javascript framework is done (loaded it's library and the custom JS code) before the other one starts, or vice versa
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:24 PM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Look into the order in which jQuery, Mootools etc. are loaded on your site and make sure one Javascript framework is done (loaded it's library and the custom JS code) before the other one starts, or vice versa
Hi Flynn - Take a look at http://http://digwp.com/2009/06/incl...the-right-way/ - a discussion of this topic with good ideas and explanations.

Jack
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:25 AM
grasshopper

20 posts · Jun 2009
Flynn & Jack -

Thank you both for the replies. I am going to do some work following the digwp suggestions.

thanks again!

grasshopper