Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Has anyone updated to Wordpress 3.5

Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:45 PM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
Horse Country in Virginia
Has anyone updated to Wordpress 3.5

Has anyone updated to wordpress 3.5? any troubles? wonderment?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
No issues of significance.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:21 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
No issues of significance.
*audible chuckle*.
"of significance" to you Larry. You could fix any issues in literally seconds, issues that might send anyone else into a trail of try and fix but end up destroying their site completely.

Upgrading.... scary stuff
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Yeah I guess it does depend on level of comfort and familiarity. I do, however, always update my test site first and then some less important sites. I also have backups (in most cases) before upgrading.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:54 PM
RP_Joe

24 posts · Aug 2010
Philippines
I have been working with it for 2 days. the only thing I don't like is the editor. The tabs used to say visual and HTML. now they say visual and text.

I think that could be confusing to people who don't have a high tech experience. Even newbies know what HTML is. I suspect they won't know what the difference between visual and text is.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:57 AM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
I haven't seen any major problems, although since updating to WP3.5 and ATA 3.7.10, I notice that my WP-Cirrus tag cloud widget has stopped working. I have no idea why.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
the only thing I don't like is the editor. The tabs used to say visual and HTML. now they say visual and text.
uncheck 'Disable the visual editor when writing', no tab shows up to show you what you have selected. Oh well.

I think if you are concerned about WP 3.5 issues, you should be monitering the wordpress.org forums.

Quote:
I notice that my WP-Cirrus tag cloud widget has stopped working
I just installed it and it works fine for me - try disabling all your other plugins and see what happens.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 17, 2012 at 06:08 AM.