Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] SWF flash in header

Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:35 AM
ph@phgrafisksupport.dk

Does anyone know wether it is possible to use SWF flash in Atahualpa's header?

Palle
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:10 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have used Kimli Flash Embed for that purpose.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 06:26 PM
StellaBlue

5 posts · Aug 2009
Hi,

You can put a flash header in Ata theme. See here http://www.mydeviceip.com/tag/atahualpa/. It is a simple replacement of one of the php files in the themes function folder. Then you can specify %flash[.....] with options right in the Ata Theme Options in the WordPress Dashboard.

This update has been around a while, but was just upgraded for Ata versions 3.4.9 and 3.5.3.

Hopefully this can work for you - StellaBlue
Old Sep 17, 2010, 07:00 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Thanks for that info StellaBlue. Just remember that if you upgrade the theme this tweak will have to be re-implemented.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 02:42 PM
StellaBlue

5 posts · Aug 2009
Thanks lmilesw. Yes, it is a custom tweak that would not survive upgrade and would need to be re-implemented. Fortunately, it is the simple replacement of 1 file in the theme and then can be all handled thru the ATO (ata theme options).

The %flash[...] could be added to theme distro, but that is up to bytes-for-all. Here is link to site that uses it and is impressive: http://www.designsushi.dk/

The Kimli is good plug-in. I'll have to try that header option and see how it compares. I know the %flash[...] method has good support for alternate content and now can specify flashvars, params, attribs as needed.

Ata is a great theme! I recently installed with WP 3.0.1 and Ata 3.5.3 and Ata worked great with new WP Menu system (after I learned doing it the old way was the hard-way) and had to adjust css.php less than in past (a good thing). But the HTML/CSS extras are kinda hidden in the ATO and hold some critical CSS.

Keep up the good work - Stellablue
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:35 PM
ph@phgrafisksupport.dk

Hi everyone,

Many thanks for your replies. Most helpfull.

I've came across this WordPress plugin:
"Dynamic Headers by Nicasio Design"

Very nice and easy plugin to use. Lets you upload a SWF file to a Page. Because the plugin allows you to apply a SWF file in the WordPress Page Editing, you can have different SWF files for different Pages.

Thanks again.
Best regards, Palle