Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Fading header images

Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:57 AM
mc38

2 posts · Oct 2009
[SOLVED] Fading header images

[Moderator note: I'm closing this thread - the explaination has been moved to 'HOWTO: create fading header images ' (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6921)]

Want to cross-fade (gentle fade in/out) the multiple header images instead of the harsh image rotation.
Has anyone done this? Alternatively could create a flash header myself, but then where would I place it? Thanks for any clues...

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 29, 2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 12:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1197
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:18 AM
mc38

2 posts · Oct 2009
thanks for that - nearly have it working but I do not know where / how to do this as suggested:
add css...
#sbsl6_1 {
width: 100%;
}

I tried adding it in the css inserts section of the theme options, but no effect. Here is the site so far...
www.danielcohan.com

you can see that the fading image is working fine, but site at the top of the page instead of where the original header is/was... I think this is the same problem you were having?
any help appeciated ...

Last edited by mc38; Oct 25, 2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you look in the generated code you have
HTML Code:
//<![CDATA[
var sbsl1_1 = {
	params : {
		wmode : "opaque"},
	flashvars : {
so you want to use sbsl1_1
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:19 AM
Siberiantiger

4 posts · Dec 2009
So exactly in what file and where in this file should i place what code to get a smooth transition with the header images? (Without using NextGen gallery)

Is anyone familiar to the library code jQuery and the extension InnerFade (jQuery InnerFade) If so, would it be possible to create a new script for the imageheader so that the pictures shown are faded. (I am not a programmer my self, but got a tip from a friend that is)

I love this clean and neutral yet nice and powerful theme for Wordpress and would appreciate faded images in the header. I would donate if i knew this will be in the very near future version of this theme, or as an "hack/tweak"

Last edited by Siberiantiger; Dec 10, 2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Adding some information useful to create a new script
Old Dec 11, 2009, 05:17 PM
johanl

1 posts · Dec 2009
Hello!
I just implemented a jquery solution.

You can download a few lines of code from http://jlkonsultab.se/files/smoothfading.txt

Paste the block of code into .../atahualpa/js.php (see file above for details).
Don't forget to comment out the original "window.onload ..." line

Disclaimer: I'm no jQuery expert so there may be better ways to implement it... anyway it works in Firefox!

best regards Johan
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:27 AM
PortMaria.62

19 posts · Dec 2009
wyoming
fading header images....this is probably a question that will have the pros rolling their eyes. Want to insert the code but where is
window.onload = RotateHeaderImages;
// Smooth fading code starts here
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well the 'window.onload = RotateHeaderImages;' is in js.php
Old Feb 4, 2010, 02:16 PM
nwheal

7 posts · Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
well the 'window.onload = RotateHeaderImages;' is in js.php
Juggledad

Managed to get all that bit working fine and it looks great, however I am struggling to integrate the rounded corners now that I have that running it seems the new fading image is sitting above the old image container that has the rounded corners.

Any ideas?

Regards

Nigel
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:57 PM
PortMaria.62

19 posts · Dec 2009
wyoming
well, I edited the js.php file but no fading images. Looks just the same. What did I leave out? and I just donated,and will again when this is solved. thanks
Old Feb 5, 2010, 03:09 AM
Mark_

29 posts · Feb 2010
Did you delete or comment out line 61 [window.onload = RotateHeaderImages;] from the js.php?