Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How to import my blog from Blogger

Old May 7, 2009, 01:37 PM
Mary McAndrew

11 posts · Mar 2009
Help How to import my blog from Blogger

Hello,
I am using the Atahualpa theme to do my Fine Art Website http://www.marymcandrew.com , with many static pages. Now I'm ready to import my Nature Sketching blog (www.marymcandrew.blogspot.com) that I have had on Blogger for over two years. How do I do this? Are there things I have to do to make sure I don't lose information after all that hard work? I am ready to start linking old posts to my gallery pages.
A note, I don't know anything about CSS!...so far it's been lots of trial and error by poking around.
PS. I LOVE this theme!
Mary
Old May 7, 2009, 03:41 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See Site Admin -> Tools -> Import -> Blogger
Old May 13, 2009, 05:10 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Are there any issues with importing a large number (maybe 1000) blogspot entries into Wordpress?
Old May 13, 2009, 06:29 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Not sure about posts or pages but importing ~1000 comments wasn't a problem for me recently.

If you're using the Wordpress import/export function which creates a XML file (opposed to i.e. a MySQL import with mysqldump) then the max upload file size of PHP or the web server may have to be increased. I had a export/import XML file size of slightly over 2 MB and those max upload settings were 2 MB.
Old May 17, 2009, 02:50 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
I just successfully moved over and HIGHLY recommend you read this page:

http://www.devilsworkshop.org/moving...s-traffic-seo/
Old May 25, 2009, 12:02 PM
aredwards

1 posts · May 2009
Blackpool, England.
Send a message via MSN to aredwards
Just set up & worked great...