Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Choosing "transparent" for the page/category bar background color?

Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:35 AM
rhythm

32 posts · Jan 2010
[SOLVED] Choosing "transparent" for the page/category bar background color?

In the Category menu bar, you can choose your background color in HTML code form, i.e. #FFFFFF.
Where does this code show up in the phpBay Editor, because I want to put in 'transparent', but it won't take 'transparent' in the Background Color choice bar?
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the 'phpBAY Editor' you are talking about?

to change the CATEGORY menu bar background, use
HTML Code:
div#menu2 ul.rMenu {
	background: transparent;
}
to change the CATEGORY menu item backgrounds use
HTML Code:
#menu2 ul.rMenu li a:link, 
#menu2 ul.rMenu li a:hover, 
#menu2 ul.rMenu li a:active, 
#menu2 ul.rMenu li a:visited, 
#menu2 ul.rMenu li {
	background: transparent !important;
}
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:39 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
I'm not Rythm but the phpBayPro Editor is an Ebay plugin for WordPress. Think maybe they got to the wrong forum? Or just mentioned the wrong product?

Last edited by sleenie; Feb 21, 2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:01 AM
mhovitch

3 posts · Nov 2010
I am also having trouble making the background of my pages menu transparent. I'm not sure where you would insert this code you mentioned. Is is on the "Add HTML/CSS inserts" page? When looking at that page I already see the code

}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
background: transparent;
border: none;
}

in he CSS inserts. I am a relative noob, but that looks like it should make the background transparent. Since that code is there by default, there must be something I am missing.

Would appreciate any help you can offer.

thanks
Old Dec 4, 2010, 05:01 PM
wilbrimley

21 posts · Jun 2010
I also need to make my menu bar completely transparent. I understand using the CSS insert to set the background: transparent, but in ATO-->Menu Bar you still have to choose an HTML color code, which is showing up (it's the blue bar in the attachment). What's the workaround here? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-capture.jpg
Views:	1030
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	928  

Last edited by wilbrimley; Dec 4, 2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 05:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of atahualpa?
export your settings and attach them to a reply
Old Dec 5, 2010, 08:44 AM
wilbrimley

21 posts · Jun 2010
Version 3.5.3
Current settings here... Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwncfarmworkersorg-20101205.txt (20.6 KB, 1152 views)