Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Adding another navigation bar

Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:44 AM
christina4733

10 posts · Oct 2011
ashford, ct
[SOLVED] Adding another navigation bar

I will try not to sound confusing,. I have to issues that are probably fairly easy to do, however I lost my part of my brain since I've been reading so much since 5am.

I want to add another navigation or menu bar right on top of my picture, or logo. I know there is one on top of the picture in the left hand corner. but I wanted one that was bigger and right below the blog title, that has nice size tabs??? Please help if you know how to do this.

Another thing is I want to take out the sub menu on "my pages" that is in the widget area. I want them all to align straight, and with the sub menu, it looks out of place. So I went to menu and tried to take it out but it doesn't give me the option, not sure how to find the i.d. for it. I hope you understand what I mean.

One more thing... is there anyway I can change the bullets that are on the side of "my pages" and "categories". I don't like the way the bullets look.

I appreciate all your help !! Thank you so much.. And nice to meet everyone.
Oh my site is www.passionforlivinglife.com
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) the order you put things in the 'Configure Header Area' option (right to left) controls the order they show up on the page (top to bottom)
2) you can create a custom menu in Wordpress (dashboard->appearance->menus) and put it in the 'theme Locations' (menu1 = %pages in Atahualpa and menu2 = %cats) so build a new menu and use the %cats and put it in the Configure Header Area' option where you want it. Then configure it at ATO->MENU 2 (Category Menu)
3)
Quote:
I want to take out the sub menu on "my pages" that is in the widget area
The pages widget is part of wordpress, do a search for 'wordpress widget pages' and try some of the others
4)
Quote:
is there anyway I can change the bullets that are on the side of "my pages" and "categories"
There is a writeup in the Gold Forum Tutorials called 'HOWTO: use CSS list style types (or widgets, bars, bullets and squares oh my)' - the gold forum is available to members who have donated $20 or more.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:34 PM
christina4733

10 posts · Oct 2011
ashford, ct
Hi Juggledad,
thank you for your response, however I tried to follow the directions and it's just not working. Can you explain it a little easier. I created a new menu, that didn't work. I know I'm pretty close, but just can't get it.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:59 PM
christina4733

10 posts · Oct 2011
ashford, ct
i got it.. thank you very much...