Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How Can I Change the Header Size?

Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:07 PM
mdelaflor

22 posts · Jul 2010
Texas
Smile How Can I Change the Header Size?

Hello,

I would like to make the headers (H1, H2, H3,...) much smaller. I tried looking in CSS stylesheets and the only one I found any references to headers was the Visual Editor Stylesheet however I think thats to the Atahualpa editor because any changes there did not change anything in my blog.

Prior to posting here I tried to figure this out myself, I also searched the forum here. I need help please where can I style the headers? If the answer is a php or css doc please tell me the name of the document.

Thanks,

Mike
Old Mar 28, 2011, 04:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and wp?
What is the URL?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 08:27 AM
mdelaflor

22 posts · Jul 2010
Texas
Hello,

Thanks for your help.

Mike
Athahualpa 3.6.4, WP 3.1, http://blog.mdcommunications.com
Old Mar 28, 2011, 08:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Go to ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and you will see some CSS dealing with the H's
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:33 AM
mdelaflor

22 posts · Jul 2010
Texas
Hello,

Thanks editing the CSS Inserts worked for the body headers, but the sidebar headers did not change. I suppose those are in a different place would you where the CSS for the Right Side bar headers are? I looked around and I cannot find any. They are not in Style & Configure SIDEBARS section...I tried editing several fields there and nothing changed the headers.

Thanks again,

Atahualpa 3.6.4/WP 3.1 http://blog.mdcommunications.com

Mike
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you use the following
HTML Code:
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    clear: both;
    font-weight: normal;
}
that will set the font-weight for all h1, h2, h3, h4, h5 and h6's as long as there isn't another CSS selector that is more specific

if you have
HTML Code:
<h1>hello</h1>
<h1 class="red">world</h1>
with the CSS above, then both 'hello' and 'world' would have a normal font weight. But if you also had this CSS
HTML Code:
.red {font-weight:bold; color: red;}
then 'hello' would be normal, but 'world' would be bold and red

you should install and learn how to use FireBug in Firefox so you can see the CSS that is assigned to different HTML elements on your page and this will help you figure the CSS selectors you need to change teh different areas of the page.