Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Centering Logo with WP 3.0, Atahualpa 3.5.1

Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:51 PM
nancygraz

6 posts · Jul 2010
Howell, New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to nancygraz
Good Evening,

I apologize for opening another thread on this, but I am trying to center my logo in the Header area. I have tried everything that was recommended in the closed thread [SOLVED] How to center the logo image? and nothing there has worked for me. Maybe it is operator error, in which case I still need some assistance.

I am working in WordPress 3.0 with Atahualpa 3.5.1. My logo is 509px wide by 230px high. I have configured my layout width to be fluid at 50%, my minimum width is 750px, and my maximum is 1250px. My browser is FF 3.6.6.

I have also tried centering the logo by the brute-force method of setting the margins in the Logo Image:Styling area, and none of them seem to have any affect on the logo placement. My logo remains left justified.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance for your patience and assistance.
Nancy Graziano
Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try turning off the fading header if you have it on. Have you applied all the bug fixes? What is the URL?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 06:53 AM
nancygraz

6 posts · Jul 2010
Howell, New Jersey
Good Morning, Larry,

My problem is not being able to center the fading graphics. I am unable to center my client's logo at the top of the page.

My development URL is: http://www.galaxymediaservices.com/wptestbed

You will see that the logo is left-aligned at the top...

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Nancy
Old Jul 13, 2010, 08:07 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Unfortunately the fading graphics messes with alignment. What you can do is just resize your images to what you need.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you need to you can use the old javascript for faiding headers. do a forum search to get it.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:24 AM
nancygraz

6 posts · Jul 2010
Howell, New Jersey
Thanks for the information! I will give it a try...
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:35 AM
nancygraz

6 posts · Jul 2010
Howell, New Jersey
Good afternoon,

I tried disabling the fading header as suggested, and when I tried using the various code snippets for the CSS Insert to center the logo, it still didn't work. My logo remained left justified.

However, I did a little more snooping around the website, and I came across this thread:

With a little playing around (I had to provide the full path to my logo file) I have been able to center my logo at the top of the page as well as maintain the fading images below my logo in my header area.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Nancy