Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Single Post Pages--How to make post title a link?

Old Aug 18, 2009, 05:58 PM
chainpin

6 posts · Aug 2009
Is it possible to make post titles a link on single post pages. This permalink would be handy for someone hovering over the post title to copy, also, this would keep the color scheme of the post titles consistent throughout the site.

Obviously, if someone were to click the post link they would stay on the same page, but again, there are other reason to do this.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 05:43 AM
jankph

93 posts · Jul 2009
ATA 3.6.4 and WP 3.1
I'm sure it can be done, but honestly, I don't see why this is useful. If you need to copy the URL, I assume you have an address bar in your browser...not?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 07:07 AM
AnneTanne

40 posts · Jan 2009
Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainpin
Is it possible to make post titles a link on single post pages.? (...) this would keep the color scheme of the post titles consistent throughout the site.
At least you can give the title the same color as a link does have, by editing ATO / Style posts & pages / Headline Box: text (= the title on a single post page and a "page" page).
Of course, this does not make it a link, but the result is the same (clicking on the title let you stay on the same page.)
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:57 AM
chainpin

6 posts · Aug 2009
It's useful because it keeps the site consistent.

I want all post titles to be red, while all page titles to be black. This needs to be consistent throughout the site, regardless if your looking at the post in isolation, or, in a multiple post format.

By changing settings the way AnneTanne described you end up with page titles that look like links, which is what I'm trying to avoid in other parts of the site.

Last edited by chainpin; Aug 20, 2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 01:02 PM
jankph

93 posts · Jul 2009
ATA 3.6.4 and WP 3.1
IMO, it's actually totally inconsistent to have it that way, and it goes against all web design principles. A text should not be a link unless it actually leads to something. By having the post title as title without the link function it clearly indicates that this is the post/page title and not something else. Just my 2 cents.