Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to make the Pages display in sidebar, show only the Parent Main Pages

Old May 21, 2009, 06:06 PM
Leoni

16 posts · May 2009
Dear Flynn and All, a month ago I was absolutely ignorant of web building. But I have created a blog which is working - an achievement made easy because of the amazing Atahualpa, and the Q&A forums. Thank you! But there is one thing I cannot figure out.
I am using the Pages widget to permanently store articles - and there will many of these. At the moment, both Parent and child pages are displayed in the LH sidebar. If I store for example 100 articles (100 pages), the list will extend way down the Home Page of my blog. To overcome this, I want only the Parent Pages (3 or 4 of these) to display, and the child pages to display in a drop-down menu, on hover. Can this be done.
Thank you anyone for help.
my blog is www.brisbanegoodwill.com
Old May 25, 2009, 05:55 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
A plugin widget should be able to do this, i.e. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/flexi-pages-widget/

Also, the horizontal page menu bar displays pages with sub menus as drop downs
Old May 27, 2009, 12:13 AM
Leoni

16 posts · May 2009
Thank you Flynn. I went back to the Page Menu Bar and got it working - showing only parent pages in the menu bar, and subpages in drop down.