Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Various header issues

Old Feb 25, 2010, 09:34 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Hello Juggledad and others,

I would like to make several changes to my header at http://www.cornetsdegroot.com that I don't exactly know how to make inquiries about in respective threads with meaningful titles, so I'm grouping them here; hope that is OK...

First, I would like to move the title and taglines (there are 2 taglines) up a bit, say by 10px or so. Can you point to where I should accomplish this?

Second, I would like to change the color of the <hr> below the breadcrumb to black; it is #cccccc (gray) now, and I would like to add more space above and below the <hr>. Again, where should I do this?

Third, (and this is going to be more complicated I think) I would like to add the RSS, Comments, and Email Subscription buttons to the top right area of the header. They are gone now because I disabled the logo altogether. The only thing in the Header Area box now is %image (i.e., no succession of %bar1 %logo %cats %bar2 %pages %bar1 etc.) I did this because if I add %logo, the blogtitle and taglines are replicated; I am not sure why... Also, I have nothing in the box Show Logo Image.
These may have been bad choices but I couldn't find another way to have the blog title and taglines as well as the rotating image in the top left corner. Incidentally, in the header.php, I placed a &nbsp; in order to have a small empty space above the rotating image, plus I added a caption text to display below the rotating image, like so:

HTML Code:
				<!-- Header -->
		<td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $bfa_ata['cols']; ?>">
&nbsp;
		<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata['configure_header']); ?>

<?
echo "<i><font size=1>Foto's: Cor Stutvoet.</font></i>";
?>
I'm pretty sure this is not how this should be done, but it works; however, if there is more appropriate method, please let me know.

Many thanks for your help!
Old Feb 26, 2010, 06:06 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
No replies, so I guess I'll ask again in separate threads anyway...
Thanks,
Rutger