Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Tags not showing on single post footer

Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:41 PM
MoriokFutai

29 posts · Jul 2010
[SOLVED] Tags not showing on single post footer

Hi guys,

I have an issue and I need a bit of help. The subject seems to not be covered yet in the forum - unless I did not find it

I have a post with about 8 tags. The tags are not showing in the post footer (either on the homepage or the single post page). If I remove some tags from the post the tags are shown. I tried only leaving 2 tags and they were displayed.

Does anybody know how I can limit the number of tags shown in the footer? For ex: I would like to keep that particular article tagged with 8 tags, but only display the first 3 tags in the footer. Is this possible? If yes, how?

Here are the details of this request:
- Site: http://DealsGetter.com
- Article: http://dealsgetter.com/sports/footlo...ing-promotion/
- ATO - Post & Pages - Edit Post/Page INFO ITEMS settings - I tried:
- %tags-linked('<strong>Tags:</strong> ', ', ', ' - ')% <strong> Categories:</strong> %categories-linked(', ')% | <a href="#comments">Skip to comments</a> %edit(' | ', 'Edit', '')%
- %tags-linked('Tags: ', ', ', ' - ')%

Both above settings give the same results. If the article has 8 tags - nothing is displayed in the footer; if the article ha=s 2-3 tags - all the footer line is displayed.

Thanks in advance

Emil
Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
go to ato->export/import settings, export your settings and attach them to a reply
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:29 AM
MoriokFutai

29 posts · Jul 2010
Hi juggledad,

Thanks for the quick answer.

- Atahualpa version: 3.7.9
- WP version: 3.4.2
- Atahualpa options attached.

I hope this helps.

Emil
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-dealsgettercom-20121206.txt (15.5 KB, 1089 views)
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well your settings work for me with 8 tags.

Try disabling ALL plugins and see what happens.

If that doesn't fix it, try adding 8 new tags and puting them on a new post and see what happens.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:12 PM
MoriokFutai

29 posts · Jul 2010
Hi juggledad,

Thanks again for the help.
The actual issue was caused by a tag that contained the "$" (dollar) sign. The tag title was "$0-$100 -a and it wanted to be a price range. I changed the tag title and everything worked just fine.

Another question for you - is there any way to exclude tags from the Footer/Byline? Let's say I have a series of 20 tags that I want never to appear in the Footer/Byline. How can I exclude them (if this is possible).

Thanks again for your quick answers and helpful advises.

Emil
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
is there any way to exclude tags from the Footer/Byline?
Not easily. The theme uses the WordPress function 'the_tags()' to get the tags. You would have to edit the theme code and parse the string returned removing the tags you didn't want dislayed.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:01 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriokFutai
Another question for you - is there any way to exclude tags from the Footer/Byline? Let's say I have a series of 20 tags that I want never to appear in the Footer/Byline. How can I exclude them (if this is possible).
You can remove ALL tags from the footer in the ATO>Edit Post/Page info items section. Just remove the tag code from the appropriate box.