Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

ThemeFrame Video

Old Nov 16, 2009, 08:14 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I'll need 2-3 more days for a first Beta Release (which will still miss a few things, but will be usable).

Here's a screencast of the CSS Creator in Themeframe:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/videos/themeframe1/
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:52 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
EXCELLENT work Flynn!

I am very excited now.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:12 AM
owenl

44 posts · Jan 2009
Really fantastic stuff - very very interesting
Old Nov 17, 2009, 02:44 AM
Cédric H

8 posts · Sep 2009
Western France
It's just brilliant ...

Thumbs up and keep that amazing work going.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:56 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Flynn, I am just blown away. This is an amazing piece of work, and I don't see how any other themes, at any price, or even free, can compete. You'll also put Artisteer out of business. They should buy you out, actually!

I'm planning a new Wordpress MU site, and wonder if all of this will work with MU.

Very exciting stuff. Oh, and it's nice to hear your voice.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:55 AM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
Very impressive, Flynn! Keep it up.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:47 PM
gomer

19 posts · Oct 2009
OH, USA
Looks a very usable interface between user and HTML-CSS & ATA-WP-PHP. I'm sure all are eager to check-out ThemeFrame's capabilities.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 01:31 PM
electron sponge

11 posts · Nov 2009
This looks really cool. I can't wait. I've never seen a Wordpress theme come anywhere close to this. Really groundbreaking stuff.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 03:21 PM
Liston

26 posts · Oct 2009
Scotland
As others are saying this is looking good. I actually think it looks good as it is. Impressive functionality as it is just now. Finished version will be worth the wait. Ground-breaking indeed. I hope that you get the success you deserve from this.

I had 19 hours at work today, seeing this 'video' cheered me up immensely.

John

edit: I hope people support the development of the theme through the beta. Even if you can't afford to donate any money, a kind word and a thank you will probably go a long way.

Last edited by Liston; Nov 17, 2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:49 PM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
Looks great Flynn,

Tell me, are using Son of Suckerfish, or the one in Atahualpa (Ruthian?) for the menuing CSS code? or something else?

I can't wait to try it out!

-Bill
Old Nov 18, 2009, 01:25 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This is currently using Son of Suckerfish but I could imagine integrating rMenu as well at a later stage. I just don't want to promise too much or else it'll always look as if it's never finished even if it already does much more than competing products.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
thetravelchronicle

97 posts · May 2009
Will ThemeFrame be able to import settings from an Atahualpa Theme?
If not, will the layout of all the Appearance Options be similar enough to find where the settings should be entered?
As much fun as this looks, it would be nice to have the starting point of previous work.

To put it another way, I'd rather not procrastinate for even another three days in setting up a new site I'm working on, but will do so if starting from scratch in ThemeFrame is going to be the easiest way to work with it.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 05:32 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It will use the same layout technique and many page elements will have the same ID's and class names but you won't be able to import settings from Atahualpa.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:34 PM
DavePorter

130 posts · Mar 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for the preview video Flynn, great looking stuff...

One question that came to mind after seeing the video is about an undo feature ?

Being able to change so many css settings so quickly, I wonder if you have the ability to do a 'master save' at some point in time, then play and make lots of changes, then if you are not happy with all the changes go back to that previous point in time to restore the theme from that time ?

Hope this makes sense...

regards, Dave Porter
ps Have donated based on what I have seen in the video !
Old Nov 19, 2009, 06:50 AM
masterchief

18 posts · Apr 2009
Chicago, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to masterchief
OMG... really super stuff!!!

It looks like the mutant offspring from the Stylizer CSS Editor from Skybound and Firebug Addon for Firefox. SUPER job!

PLease... DO NOT sell to Microsoft!
Old Nov 19, 2009, 02:57 PM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePorter
Thanks for the preview video Flynn, great looking stuff...

One question that came to mind after seeing the video is about an undo feature ?

Being able to change so many css settings so quickly, I wonder if you have the ability to do a 'master save' at some point in time, then play and make lots of changes, then if you are not happy with all the changes go back to that previous point in time to restore the theme from that time ?

Hope this makes sense...

regards, Dave Porter
ps Have donated based on what I have seen in the video !
Good question! That would be an excellent feature.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 08:39 PM
Vidal

11 posts · Oct 2009
London, UK
WOW... just ... WOW

To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing out there that comes remotely close. As Masterchief has said, please don't sell it to MS - they'll ruin it and then charge 5 times the price.

Now we can see why you needed a little extra time! Take all the time you need. Even though we're all on the edge of our seats, if the rest of TF is like this little snippet it will be well and truly worth the wait.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 08:40 AM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
Holy crap! That is AWESOME!!!! I want it! I want it! I WANT IT!

I am so excited about this Theme it's ridiculous.

Someone had asked in another thread whether themeframe was going to be able to have a single sidebar area above 2 sidebars like thesis, and from the looks of this video, that is definitely a feature that is included.

Flynn, you are an amazing programmer. I am not a coder, and to see work like this, is really inspiring to me. Again, it looks awesome!
Old Nov 22, 2009, 06:34 PM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
Yeah! And I just want to express a bit of extra gratitude to Flynn for listening to the fan community and keeping Themeframe a product instead of a service.

Vielen dank.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 04:23 PM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Wow! Excellent WORK! I love it!
Old Nov 26, 2009, 09:06 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Give me 2-3 more days. I'll post a new video tomorrow and the Beta 2 days later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	themeframe-almost.gif
Views:	1946
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	309  
Old Nov 30, 2009, 09:52 PM
aagblog

1 posts · Oct 2009
Send a message via Yahoo to aagblog
Thank you so much for all your work. I love Atahualpa and can't wait to get my hands on Theme Frame!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:04 AM
Liston

26 posts · Oct 2009
Scotland
I know a few people will be wondering the same. Would it be possible to get an updated time frame on when the next video might be released Flynn? Not seen you online in some time. Hope everything is okay on your end.

John
Old Dec 2, 2009, 09:30 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liston
I know a few people will be wondering the same. Would it be possible to get an updated time frame on when the next video might be released Flynn? Not seen you online in some time. Hope everything is okay on your end.

John
I just posted a new video http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4690

I am working hard on it 12/7 and hope to release it in very few days.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:46 AM
Ber|Art

198 posts · Oct 2009
Europe (NL) ber-art.nl Windows 7x64 WP 3.x Atahualpa 3.7.x
Send a message via Skype™ to Ber|Art
Thx! Flynn, very impresive!