Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Montezuma and The Events Calendar

Old Oct 24, 2013, 06:47 PM
5teve

6 posts · Oct 2013
Montezuma and The Events Calendar

Hi Guys

Newbie here in all senses! I am starting to look at creating a new website for our non profit sea sports club.

I love the Montezuma theme and think it is ideal for the website I am thinking about. We also have multiple events calendars, which "the events calendar" does very well, and better than most other plugins i have tried.

The problem I have is that the events calendar refuses to render at all with this theme. If i choose Default events template in the events calendar settings all styles / css seems to fail and I end up with the page displaying just unformatted text as per image attached. If i choose default page template, then some style is added but still no table buttons or anything is shown (this is how it is currently set up at http://www.orssc.asn.au/test/events/category/whats-on/)

Can anyone give me some pointers as to where to look to resolve this issue. I am useless or worse at PHP and css, but can hack around a little. I have tried twenty twelve / thirteen and it works with them.

thanks in advance

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	events calendar issue.jpg
Views:	1639
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	2432  
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:10 AM
5teve

6 posts · Oct 2013
just as a bit more info, if i use the default events template so that the screen looks like the above screen shot, and inspect the page (using chrome) then the head section is totally empty..
Old Oct 28, 2013, 04:18 PM
5teve

6 posts · Oct 2013
Well I thought I had replied to myself?

Having set the template in the event calendar to default event template and also using the full style setting (so that the page looks like the above screen shot), inspecting the code for the page shows that the head section becomes completely empty. This is not the case if the default page template is used in the event calendar, but then the table doesn't render at all and ends up looking like the website is at the moment.

If you have a look at the website and its not montezuma, i'm trying other themes to see if i can get something similarly nice and working with the calendar plugin

Steve
Old Oct 29, 2013, 07:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try setting the event calendar display settings

Default stylesheet used for events templates: Full Styles
and
Events template: Default Page template
Old Oct 29, 2013, 04:29 PM
5teve

6 posts · Oct 2013
Thanks for the response. I did mention in the original post (although not very clearly) that I had tried this option. To Clarify, this is what I see when I use the suggested settings (see attached picture)

I'm not having many issues getting the events calendar display to work on other themes, so assume that it is a theme issue.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	events calendar issue 2.jpg
Views:	1566
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	2433  
Old Nov 1, 2013, 05:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'd love to try and help you but I've just spent 1/2 hour trying to get the calendar to display in twenty twelve. This has to have the worst documentation I've seen. Now where can I find how to display the calendar, ie what short code to use or what I add to a page. nada

so if you want to writeup step by step instructions on how to install and add a page and get the calendar to display in twenty-twelve, then I'll take a look.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 05:44 PM
5teve

6 posts · Oct 2013
Hi and thanks... sorry for the frustration.

Its actually quite easy to use, and suits my simple non coding brain!

I wanted and events calendar I could add to my Nav menu (so each section of the sea sports club could have their own calendar)

If you create some events and event categories first. Then you go to menu and in menu 2 new types have been added to the selection. Event categories and events. drag and drop them to the nav an voila! no shortcode required! Its how me as a non coder imagines it would work.. hence the reason it made sense to me.

I believe the page is created under /events and the calendar is filtered based on the event category.

It works well for us as I can assign angling events, power boat events, social events, sailing events etc and then add each on of these into the subnav menus of the sections.

I hope my explanation makes sense..?

Steve

ps.. I've flipped over to responsive in the short term just to frame out some ideas.. and so that I can show the management committee how I intend to move forwards, however montezuma is still sitting there waiting to be activated!