Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Help with NextGen Photos Customization

Old Jan 4, 2011, 07:45 PM
Madison

3 posts · Jan 2011
Hello,

I started a photogallery using NextGen Plugin and I would like to configure the photo browser Page to match the website´s look. I set up a test gallery for show you how the gallery is today (NextGen default style):

I´m new to CSS and WordPress customizations, so I would like to know how to:

1. Change the color of that “dark shadow” that covers the gallery when I click on a image to #E8FCDF. If it´s not possible, I would like to turn that “dark shadow” the most light possible.

2. Add a 6px solid border to the picture (color: #003300)

3. Change the navigation arrows position to the middle of the picture and use an image as a navigation button instead of those arrows (is this possible?)

4. Add a space between the picture and the image description and add a black background in description with 3px border color #003300

5. Change the description font to Tahoma, size 10px, bold, color #ffffff

6. Remove the photo number indication (18/19)

I´m using Word Press 3.0.4 and Atahualpa 3.5.3. Thank you very much in advance for the help.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 09:24 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You are going to have to do a bit of homework as there is not one easy simple answer to all your questions. You can perhaps use CSS selectors that you determine with a tool like Firebug on Firefox or you could use plugins like WP prettyPhoto or Shadowbox JS that give you control over the shadow as you call it or you can go to the NextGen site and look at their suggestions for styling. Then you just plain need to spend time trying a bunch of different things.

I'm not even sure that some of what you want is doable without more work than it's worth. I'm not trying to put you off but to answer those questions in a way that would be understandable would take quite awhile.

If I were to pick a place to start it would be to install and play with the two plugins I mentioned. This might get you on the right track.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 04:10 PM
Madison

3 posts · Jan 2011
Hi, thanks for the reply. I installed Shadowbox and could get a customized Gallery working on a custom template. I got a best result than the expected. Thanks for the tip.