Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

can I have more themes on the same domain

Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:52 AM
cwjorgensen

27 posts · Nov 2010
Praestoe, Denmark
Send a message via Skype™ to cwjorgensen
can I have more themes on the same domain

Can anybody tell me if its possible to run more themes on the same domain in different archives.

ex.:
domain.com(theme1)
domain.com/food/theme2
domain.com/garden/theme3
domain.com/hunting/theme4

If yes - how to avoid login procedure for them 2, 3 and 4 etc.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Themes are just the look/feel that whow on a wordpress site, so...

Do you mean can you run more than one copy of wordpress?
for example:
mydomain.com/wordpress1
mydomain.dom/wordpress2

the answer is absolutely - and if your host allows you to use subdomaing you could address them as:
wordpress1.mydomain.com
wordpress2.mydomain.com

and each one could use a different theme...or a differently styled version of Atahualpa
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:14 AM
cwjorgensen

27 posts · Nov 2010
Praestoe, Denmark
Hej Juggledad.

Sounds nice

Did I understand you right:

mydomain.com/wp1(food)
/wp2(garden)
/wp3(hunting)

It's all in differents archives but on the same domain.

Is it possible to have only one login procedure (like using only one wp-theme).
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you have three seperate Wordpress installs - it means three seperate databases and three logins

Now you could look into the wordpress multisites where you have one wordpress install and multiple sites within it, but I personally like the seperate installs. For my church I have three installs, the main site, a 'music' site and the 'preschool' site. The main site and the music site use the exact Atahualpa style (I do it on the main site, export the style and import it into the music site. Each site has a page menu bar and category menu bar BUT I use a custom category menu that is a link to wach of the sites, so it looks like this
page 1 -- page 2 -- page 3 -- page4
main site -- music -- preschool
so the second line is the same and they link to the appropriate site.

Now there are three different logins, but the people that need to add things to the music site never go into the preschool site and all visitors don't need to be registered users so there is no problem from the viewers side.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:33 AM
cwjorgensen

27 posts · Nov 2010
Praestoe, Denmark
Hi juggledad

It sounds very useble and nice.

Can you give me a webadress to your webpage so I can see how it works and looks ?

Best wishes
carsten
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
see a PM from me