Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Changing the excerpts and thumbnails layout

Old Feb 22, 2010, 03:28 PM
JFG

44 posts · Jul 2009
Canada
Hi,

I would like to make the excerpts on my site look like the ones on the Studiopress 'Lifestyle' theme :

http://www.studiopress.com/demo/lifestyle.html
(scroll down to where you see the excerpts for the 'Music' category)

Basically, I want to have the thumbnail displayed on the left with the post title and excerpt appearing next to it (as opposed to having the post title appearing above the thumbnail).

If anyone has done this with Atahualpa I would appreciate a little help or if at least someone knows where the code is for the excerpts I can try to figure it out from there...

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:41 PM
alladinz

1 posts · Jan 2010
I am trying to achieve the same.

In ATO "Style & edit Column" the section "The LOOP" contains the php which outputs the contents of posts.

In this section the order is bfa_post_headline()...
bfa_post_byline()...
bfa_post_bodycopy()...
bfa_post_footer()...

Each of these lines is in their own <div></div> pair.

bodycopy() is the fn that outputs the body text or excerpt text if there is an excerpt.

I am using thumbnail for excerpt (tfe) which inserts a posts thumbnail image to the left of the excerpt text.

so still trying to find a way to get the headline div into the same div as the bodycopy.

Did you figure this out - would like to know how you got on.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 05:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you tried this in WP 2.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.4.6? there is a new Thumbnail feature
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:17 AM
CaleyWalsh

1 posts · Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
have you tried this in WP 2.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.4.6? there is a new Thumbnail feature
I've been trying to achieve this without success. I too would like the thumbnail to appear to the left of the excerpt (including the header). I am using WP 2.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.4.9

Please help.