Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Different post categories on different pages?

Old Jun 7, 2010, 03:49 PM
Jeff G

39 posts · Mar 2010
[SOLVED] Different post categories on different pages?

Hi,

I'm new to building sites, and a client would like to have different categories of post appear on different pages.

I already have it set up so that posts are visible under a page entitled "Latest News," which is NOT the home page. Client would like a separate page called "Supporting dox" where they can upload different content that is never mixed in with "Latest News."

I hope that's clear. I'm pretty sure this is possible, but can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks so much!
--jeff
Old Jun 7, 2010, 06:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a look at the 'List category posts' pliugin
Old Jun 8, 2010, 09:55 AM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
Could you also do this by just using the category menu?

Use two categories - latest news and Supporting dox. Make sure each new post is added to the relevant category.

The category menu will just display "latest news" and "supporting dox". If you don't make a set "posts" page under the reading options, the posts will never appear together.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:05 AM
Jeff G

39 posts · Mar 2010
Hi,

The solution rosetrees suggested is working fine.

(I added the plugin you suggested, too, juggledad, but it was a bit confusing and is more than I need, I think.)

The only potential issue is that the client may not like that the categories are now on a separate line than the Page Menu bar. ( %pages %cats ) Is there a way to put both on the same line?

Other than that, this is what client wants in terms of navigation. Thanks so much for your help!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:20 AM
Jeff G

39 posts · Mar 2010
btw, this is the site:
endthelockout.org