Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Vertical menu for themeframe

Old Oct 7, 2011, 03:41 PM
ovidiumurzea

5 posts · Sep 2009
Hello, maybe this is a silly question, but it was wondering, are you able to create a vertical menu with themeframe?

I am interested in creating a two column layout, first column contains the logo and vertical menu and the second one the static pages or the blog itself. Here's an example of what i mean: http://www.zachstarrweiss.com/

I am waiting for your answer.
Thank you.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 04:05 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can do vertical menus

In Themeframe
- Create a page template with 1 left sidebar
- Apply the desired style to widgets through TF's CSS Inspector:

For the example you posted:
border-bottom: 1 px dashed #ffffff;
font-family: "courier new";
letter-spacing: 3px;
etc...

In Wordpress
- Add the "Pages" widget to the widget area in the left sidebar

So the menu you should be able to create that way all inside TF. As for the overall layout, on that example page it seems the left sidebar is crossing the header (the left sidebar goes all the way to the top), or there is no header. For that particular layout you'd have to do manual edits after you created the theme in TF.

The layouts TF currently can do are:
- Always header
- Always footer
- 0-3 sidebars on the left
- 0-3 sidebars on the right

You can create different page templates with the various sidebar settings listed above, but currently there's no way to create a "sidebar crossing the header" inside the TF.

Keep in mind though that with other tools you'd probably have to do even more things manually.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:19 AM
ovidiumurzea

5 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks for your quick reply, Flynn. It was really helpful!

One more thing though: do you think for future versions of theme frame that more layouts possibilities will be included (maybe even this one)?

Thanks anyway, TF is getting more and more interesting to me.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:48 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Yes there will be more layout options for sure. The layout type you mentioned is also popular enough to be included in some way.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:44 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Yes there will be more layout options for sure. The layout type you mentioned is also popular enough to be included in some way.

Wonderful stuff!