Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

apply the opacity property to a New widget area background-image

Old Oct 24, 2010, 07:30 PM
bigliettaio

128 posts · Nov 2009
Italy
I add 4 new widget area to the centre column of my Front Page and i set a background image
adding next row :
HTML Code:
table#fp_posts_widget_area{background-image:url('wp-content/uploads/2010/01/302181.jpg');
}
to ATO>>Add HTML/CSS Insert

Now i would like to reduce the opacity to that image
BUT
How i can adding opacity property to backgorund image mentioned

style=opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40)

PS
$As soon as possible i charged my paypal account so i could improve my donations$
Old Oct 25, 2010, 05:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can use this
HTML Code:
table#fp_posts_widget_area {
background-image:url('http://www.elprincipe.it/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/302181.jpg');
	filter: alpha(opacity=30);
	-moz-opacity:.30;
	opacity:.30;
}
BUT...opacity is an interesting thing, it effects all layers in the container you apply it to.

So since you have (this is simplified to make the explanation easier)

TABLE (has background image)
ROW
COLUMN1 (has text)
COLUMN2 (has text)
COLUMN3 (has text)
COLUMN4 (has text)

If you add the opacity to the TABLE, the text in each of the columns is effected since they are elements of TABLE. Other than making the image it self lighter, there is no way I know of to fade the image on the TABLE and leave the TEXT with out opacity
Old Oct 25, 2010, 06:50 AM
bigliettaio

128 posts · Nov 2009
Italy
Hi JD and thanks
I also tryied in this way and i notice that opacity were applied to whole table contents .

If i found the solution i sent you an advice.

NB
no way to solve this other problem?

Last edited by bigliettaio; Oct 25, 2010 at 07:16 AM.