Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Remove link to logo image at top of page

Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:55 AM
RandomGuyJoe

3 posts · Dec 2013
I'm using Atahualpa 3.7.13 and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the link from the logo image. I just want the logo image displayed above the header image with no url link, just static image. I've tried searching for answers and I can't find anything. Please help!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 03:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
to do this you will have to edit the theme code. Edit 'bfa_header_config.php. and change lines 162-163 from
HTML Code:
			echo '<td ' . $header_rowspan . 'valign="middle" class="logoarea-logo"><a href="' 
				. $homeURL . '/">';
to
HTML Code:
			echo '<td ' . $header_rowspan . 'valign="middle" class="logoarea-logo">';
and change line 165 from
HTML Code:
			echo '" /></a></td>';
to
HTML Code:
			echo '" /></td>';
Old Dec 28, 2013, 04:28 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just curious as to why having the logo link to the home page is problematic.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 08:45 AM
RandomGuyJoe

3 posts · Dec 2013
It's not problematic per se, but I don't see the need to have a link at the top that links directly to the page you're looking at.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 06:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It's there so if you are on another page of the site, you can get back to the home page by clicking it.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 05:49 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It is also the standard, and for many expected, way for the logo to work. Try going to many major sites such as microsoft.com. Then click on the logo and see what happens.