Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Adding Google Fonts

Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:32 PM
2mommies4me

1 posts · Mar 2013
[SOLVED] Adding Google Fonts

I am relatively new to CSS editing. I have recently implemented the Montezuma theme on my website. I am wanting to customize the font that is used specifically for the posts. I have played around in the options for the theme and saw where I can add a Google font. Which I am successful at doing.

Once said font is added is where I get a little lost. I have gone into the admin settings and can see that there are some text options there, but I know that's not where I need to be. So, I ventured myself over to the CSS files and pulled up the content.css.

PHP Code:
/********************************************************************
    <BODY> for TEXT
********************************************************************/

body {

margin:                     0

padding:                 0

font-family:             "Segoe UI""Lucida Grande""Helvetica Neue"sans-serif;

font-size:                 15px;

opacity:                 0/* <--- will be turned on ( = set to '1' ) with jQuery 
                                    after google fonts, if any, have loaded and masonry layout, 
                                    if any, was applied */

I am assuming that the above listed code is where I am able to go in and edit the type of font that I would like to use in the posts (as I want it to be on all the posts). My question is how is it that I go about adding the specific font from Google that was uploaded in the Options section for the theme? If this is not the correct location, then can I be pointed to the correct location and file name along with the how the coding should look?

Thank you very much for any assistance you provide.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 08:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When you select a font from Google fonts they give you the font-family CSS code to use where you wish along with the code to use in the Google fonts area of the theme options.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:01 AM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
When you select a font from Google fonts they give you the font-family CSS code to use where you wish along with the code to use in the Google fonts area of the theme options.
Does Atahualpa has that option too?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It's not an option per se. You just have to add the code into the proper boxes in the "Add HTML/CSS Inserts" section of the theme options.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 03:18 PM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
Thank you, did it get done, there is even a way to convert ttf fonts for later use