Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] How To Change H1 Tags On Pages - Can't Find Page Template In Code

Old Feb 3, 2011, 02:20 PM
pokepsw

5 posts · Feb 2011
Hi, I have moderate-advanced PHP knowledge and want to change the way H1s are used on the site, specifically on pages.

Currently, there are 2 H1s being called on each page, one for the Title and another that I manually entered into the Page Content box. How can I find the H1 tag in the page code?

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 02:42 PM
pokepsw

5 posts · Feb 2011
I found this in the options, and the H1 is inside div class="post-headline" but I still don't see the actual place where I can remove the H1

<?php /* For SINGLE post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation: */
bfa_next_previous_post_links('Top'); ?>

<?php /* Post Container starts here */
if ( function_exists('post_class') ) { ?>
<div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class("$odd_or_even"); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } else { ?>
<div class="<?php echo ( is_page() ? 'page ' : '' ) . $odd_or_even . ' post" id="post-'; the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } ?>

<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_pagination('<p class="post-pagination"><strong>'.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'</strong>','</p>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>

</div><!-- / Post -->
Old Feb 4, 2011, 09:15 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can change H1, H2 etc by putting CSS in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
Old Feb 7, 2011, 08:41 AM
pokepsw

5 posts · Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
You can change H1, H2 etc by putting CSS in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
Thanks for the reply, but how can we just remove the title all together only on the homepage?

prospercomm.com is the site and we want to remove "Home" from the homepage. Please advise, thanks
Old Feb 7, 2011, 09:11 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If it a single post or static page you can go to the SEO Options in the theme option and turn on Use Post/Page Options then you will have a check box to turn off the title on the post or page. I this is a multi post page you will have to use CSS to turn off the title.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:19 AM
pokepsw

5 posts · Feb 2011
How can I do it only on the homepage?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:25 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It it's a page you just check the box as mentioned. If it is a multipost page you would use a conditional with the CSS such as
HTML Code:
div#post-682 .post-headline {
display: none;
}
where 682 is the id of your post.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:29 AM
pokepsw

5 posts · Feb 2011
We're using All In One SEO, but I added embedded style to header w/ the post ID and that worked. Thanks!