Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

PHP modifying the underlying code

Old Nov 17, 2009, 01:41 PM
markelshark

11 posts · Nov 2009
I have some questions for you about modifying some of the code/PHP of this theme.

The first, and most important, question is would you be OK with this? What I would like to do it reduce some of the PHP and database calls and replace them with static code that applies to my site. An example might be removing or commenting out the code for SEO plugin checks. This runs through several if statements, PHP calls and database calls for something I know I want off on my site.

The ultimate goal is to reduce the size of my site and increase its load speed.

Obviously if I started modifying this code I wouldn't expect you to support me if I ran into issues. My second question would be how would modifications such as that affect theme upgrades in the future? I'm new to the theme so I haven't had to upgrade the code yet but for example if I did comment out the code for SEO plugin checks and just default it to OFF would I have to redo that when the next upgrade comes out?

Thanks,

Mark
Old Nov 17, 2009, 02:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
LICENSE:

"Atahualpa" is a WordPress theme
Copyright (C) 2008-2009 Lmm Muenchen, BFA Webdesign (www.BytesForAll.com)

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
Any changes you make to the code would have to be redone since the all the code is released each release.