Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Atahualpa and font sizing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:17 PM
kdawes01

102 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
Atahualpa and font sizing

We all want things to display the same on all browsers. PCs and Macs too!
I sometimes run into problems with picky clients who "see" what I have done differently. It's generally a PC/Mac thing (not always) where fonts display differently.

I check as best as I can on a PC - FF, IE 7-9, Chrome & Safari, but can't check Mac browsers.

Part of the problem is that I like to use (and my clients love) the TinyMCE Advanced plugin that allows you to use Fonts and Font sizes in the WP editor. One of the difficulties is that the TMA uses keyword font sizes which display differently in different browsers. But that's not really a subject for here... I'll take that up with Ozz someday.

I came across a couple of interesting posts, that I'd like Flynn or the moderators to comment on. I'm wondering if this is as "Green Tea" mentions and if it might be something to roll into Atahualpa. You'd be specifying a "pixel-sized" font in the WP editor but it would still be an em and so still have em type properties. (pun intended ;-)

Here are the links I found interesting...

http://greenetea.com/2010/01/precise-font-size-and-line-height/

http://css-tricks.com/css-font-size/

Love to hear opinions!

Thanks!
Ken