Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Need help with custom fields.

Old Feb 20, 2010, 01:36 PM
webservant7

2 posts · Feb 2010
I'm a complete noob at this and need help with how custom fields are to be used. I have been able to create my custom fields and I've edited the Loop under the "Style and edit center column" section to get them to show up in my posts but they are also showing up on my front page and I don't want them there. I only want them to show up on my posts. Am I putting them in the wrong place? Do I need to add some PHP logic to get them to only show up on my posts?

btw, I'm using WordPress 2.9.1 and Atahualpa 3.4.5.1.

Thank you!
Old Feb 20, 2010, 02:43 PM
webservant7

2 posts · Feb 2010
OK, I was able to get the custom fields to not show up at all on the front page by adding this php code:

Code:
<?php if ( is_single() ) { ?>

My custom code and custom fields.

<?php } ?>
But now I need to clarify something. I have the front page configured in Atahualpa options to show the most recent full post and only the excerpts of any older posts. I want the custom fields to show up in that most recent (full) post but not to show up in the older posts with their excerpts. What code do I need to add to do this?

I assume it is some sort of "OR" statement but being a noob I could use some help figuring it out.

Thank you!