Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Styling the homepage differently than the single page

Old Mar 24, 2011, 02:29 AM
winsila

2 posts · Dec 2010
How do I apply a styling that affects only the homepage elements and not the single page? For instance, I want to add a border above and below a post container in the homepage but I don't the borders to appear in the singe post view. How do I do that?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you will need to add CSS Selectors and CSS rules to do the styling. You can prefix any selector with 'body.home' so to have a border around a post on the home page you would use
HTML Code:
body.home .post {border: solid 2px red;}
A great tool to use if you don't already, is FireBug in FireFox so you can see the existing CSS for an element in the HTML
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:10 AM
winsila

2 posts · Dec 2010
Thanks Juggledad. I do use FireBug but I was not aware of the body.home stuff. Thanks again.