Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Multisite »

I cannot access the theme options

Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:25 PM
Carina

8 posts · Jun 2012
Hi.

I have updated to 3.7.7 and have a multisite install and also the latest version of Wordpress 3.4 and trying to set the theme options only reloads the options page. Hovering over the links they only lead to wp-admin/themes.php?page=atahualpa-options# and it seems as if there are no other links but the options# thing. I guess something is missing or interfering but would appreciate if any ideas as to how to solve this.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you did an automatic install I would re do it or better do a manual install
(see the FAQ forum) to make sure the whole theme was installed and not just part.

It is possible you timed out and the wordpress code that does the theme install did not finish
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:19 AM
Carina

8 posts · Jun 2012
Hi and thanks for your reply. I had already done that by deleting the theme and then unzipping the file and reuploading everything using ftp but it did not make any difference. I even tried using different browsers but it seems something is missing somewhere anyway.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
please do this. Install the plugin 'serverbuddy' (http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugi...luginbuddy.zip) and see if 'magic_quotes_gpc' is turned on

after you activate the plugin you will find it under the dashboard->tools menu
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:42 AM
Carina

8 posts · Jun 2012
Hi and thanks, I just did and it says no: PHP Magic Quotes GPC disabled disabled OK, the info said it is not needed for properly coded software.

All info that was there on this part: PHP Version >= 5.2 5.2.17 OK

PHP max_execution_time >= 30 (seconds) 0 WARNING

WordPress Version >= 2.9.0 3.4 OK

MySQL Version >= 5.0.15 5.1.61 OK

Zip Methods exec (best) > ziparchive > pclzip (worst) exec, ziparchive, pclzip OK

AddHandler in .htaccess host dependant n/a OK

PHP Register Globals disabled disabled OK

PHP Magic Quotes GPC disabled disabled OK

PHP Magic Quotes Runtime disabled disabled OK

PHP Safe Mode disabled disabled OK

Operating System Linux Linux OK

PHP Memory Limit >= 128M 256M OK
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you need to upgrade your wordpress. You are still on 2.9??? do a database backup and upgrade your wordpress.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I believe that means ServerBuddy wants to see a WP version of equal to or greater than 2.9 and then show it is on 3.4 and OK.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:02 PM
Carina

8 posts · Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
you need to upgrade your wordpress. You are still on 2.9??? do a database backup and upgrade your wordpress.
I means it is bigger than 2.9. I have the latest Wordpress installed meaning 3.4

Last edited by Carina; Jun 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:02 PM
Carina

8 posts · Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
I believe that means ServerBuddy wants to see a WP version of equal to or greater than 2.9 and then show it is on 3.4 and OK.
Yes, that is true as I have 3.4 installed.

Last edited by Carina; Jun 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I just did an install of WP 3.4 -
made it a multi site
added a second site
installed atahualpa 377

it runs fine for me
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
have you tried disabling ALL your plugins? It could be a memory problem and this woud free some memory up.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:09 PM
Carina

8 posts · Jun 2012
Quote:
have you tried disabling ALL your plugins? It could be a memory problem and this woud free some memory up.
I cannot disable all plugins as some are network enabled and run for the whole multisite but all that I had active on this testinstall I have disabled and it does not make a difference. All I see hovering over the different links on the Atualpha options page ends with # so there is nothing there
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Carin - who is your host? I know some hosts will allow you to specify a large amount of memory but will only allocate a small amount.

Also have you checked you'd sites error.log and access.log for information?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:16 PM
Carina

8 posts · Jun 2012
Quote:
Carin - who is your host? I know some hosts will allow you to specify a large amount of memory but will only allocate a small amount.
My host is a Swedish host who is quite big and also very keen on Wordpress, Binero.

Quote:
Also have you checked you'd sites error.log and access.log for information?
I looked but could not find anything strange in neither error or access logs.

It seems I will give up for now, perhaps there will be some sort of upgrade or something else that will make things work.

The links arenīt there, when hovering over all they lead to are # and nothing else.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It must be something environmental with your host/settings since it is working elsewhere. The other user reporting problems was solved by setting 'magic quotes gpc' to 'off'.

you could try asking your host for help or another thought would be to do a new WP/Atahualpa install as a subdomain or in a subfolder and see if that instance works compared to the multi site instance.