Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Custom menu1 duplication.

Old Mar 10, 2011, 01:37 PM
ped832

21 posts · Feb 2011
Idaho, USA
How can I create a custom menu that duplicates the style of my menu1 or menu2, but allow it to have different pages or categories assigned to it? I'm trying to go for the menu style found at the top of the page here...http://wordpress-websitebuilder.com/ . Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 06:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just use the WordPress menu system and add whatever you want.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:13 PM
ped832

21 posts · Feb 2011
Idaho, USA
I just realized the more menu items I add, the menu will automatically drop down to a second line of tabs. Should have known. However, another question arises. If I put Advanced text widget within a widget, is there a particular code to insert to get another rounded corner tab style menu virtually anywhere I would like it? Does anyone have any personal examples of this or something similar? Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am sure you could write that code but for my money AllWebMenus from Likno makes more sense. You can craft just about any kind of menu and if installed properly will not require you to rebuild it if you add menu items. They have a WordPress plugin to make this "relatively" easy. Be prepared for a little bit of a learning curve but once I went through it and saw how it worked I was quite impressed. You can even build the "Super Menus"
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:02 PM
ped832

21 posts · Feb 2011
Idaho, USA
Thanks for the tip! I'll check that out. Atahualpa is a great theme and this is a great forum. Much appreciated!