Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Plug-in shortcode picking up unwanted Widget List Items/Links formatting

Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:24 AM
edecaria

9 posts · Jan 2013
Hello. I've searched the forums but cannot quite find a solution to this problem:

I have a plug-in (Soliloquy Slider) that offers shortcode. I have put this shortcode into a sidebar widget -- I've tried my own text widget as well as using the plug-in's own custom widget (which presumably does the same thing).

What happens is that the Atahualpa settings for Widget List Items / Links (e.g., colored vertical bar at left border of widget) are being applied to this widget. This looks bad next to an image slider, but even worse it causes the slider to "jump" slightly side-to-side. I would like to selectively not apply these settings to just this one widget.

Is there any way to do this? I know that I can easily turn these settings off for all widgets right within ATO > Style Widgets > Widget List Items, but I rather like them for the rest of my widgets. Just not this one.

You can see the unwanted behavior at www.thinkkidthink.com -- top right widget just below the header.

I did cross-post to the plug-in site's forum, but given what I found when using a simple text widget with the plug-in shortcode, I suspect it needs to be addressed by editing my Atahualpa settings.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Regards,

-Ed
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I used firebug and saw that the ID for that area was
HTML Code:
#soliloquy-2
Knowing the theme puts a left border on list items for the sidebars I used
HTML Code:
#soliloquy-2 li
as the CSS selector. Then I just add CSS to eliminate the border
HTML Code:
#soliloquy-2 li {
    border-left: none;
}
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:08 PM
edecaria

9 posts · Jan 2013
Thank you for the fast response, Larry. That sounds very promising, but I'm not quite sure how to implement it. Can you tell me exactly where that bit of code should go? (I still have lots to learn.) -Ed
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It goes in the CSS Inserts box of the theme options.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:59 PM
edecaria

9 posts · Jan 2013
Beautiful. Exactly what I wanted. I really appreciate your help, Larry. THANK YOU. -Ed