Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Featured Content Gallery

Old Jul 16, 2009, 08:59 PM
Juslyn

13 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Flynn,

No, host is still the same.

JS is external at the moment - changing it to external was actually what got it working again (to my knowledge at least). See this post: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...31&postcount=4

I actually intended to make that post in this thread, apologies for that.

Cheers Flynn,

Lynn & Justin.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 03:55 PM
evripidis

37 posts · Apr 2009
Greece
After the setup of the plugin i'm always redirecting on a "null" page. I can't see the content of my site anymore? Any ideas?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 01:48 AM
Shane

3 posts · Oct 2009
I have a question regarding the use of D13slideshow and having it display only on the homepage. I tried to adapt the code in post #15 to fit D13slideshow.

My code looks like this:
Code:
<?php if ( is_front_page() ) {
include d13slideshow();
} ?>
Whether placed above the loop or in the loop, this works in either case insofar as the slideshow appears only on the homepage, not in posts. Unfortunately, it is displayed along with these error-messages:

Code:
Warning: include() [function.include]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/rightmi/public_html/richquickreview.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php(478) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/rightmi/public_html/richquickreview.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php(478) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/rightmi/public_html/richquickreview.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php(478) : eval()'d code on line 2
And I have no idea what any of that means...
Do I have some syntax error in my code? Any other solutions?

As for the featured content-gallery, it seems that the codes provided in #8 only applies if the gallery is placed in the header? What can be done to use the gallery in the page contents?

Thanks!

Last edited by Shane; Oct 13, 2009 at 04:01 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 05:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you use an 'include' to insert code, you use 'xxx()' to call a function - try removing the 'include'
Old Oct 13, 2009, 01:12 PM
Shane

3 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks!
Didn't realize that "include" wasn't needed here. Thanks for the tip!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 06:10 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
BUMP

Hello. I'm new to the forum. I'm in love with the theme currently. I'm using it to build a site for a organization here.

I'm running the latest version of the theme and the latest version of WordPress and I can't seem to figure out how to get this plug-in to work for me. I've tried all of the tricks mentioned here and even went over to the featured content site to check their forums. Has anyone figured this out or can anyone help me with the code?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:14 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
If you click on Featured Content Gallery in the Settings area, you'll see a bunch of info, including the fact that you need to add this to the index.php file:
Code:
<?php include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?>
. Go to Appearance, Editor, and open up the index.php file. I put it here:

HTML Code:
<?php 	/* get all options: */
include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');
get_header(); ?>
[color="Red"]<div align="center">
<?php if (is_home()) include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?></div>
<br />[/color]
<?php /* If there are any posts: */
Notice where I added it in red. I also enclosed it in a div and added a br to give some space before the beginning of the rest of the page.

And are you sure you're adding the articleimg and URL of the image in the custom fields area of the post?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:25 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
Thanks Paulae, for your quick reply.

I'm going to try this.

But first, I've completely taken out all of the code that was suggested be added/taken out in this thread and reverted everything back to normal. Should I go back and do this stuff and what you suggested as well?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:43 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Ignore anything added to make the D13 plugin work. You shouldn't have to make any special revisions other than what's mandated by the FCG plugin. I have it running on one of my sites:
http://www.larchmontgazette.com
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:00 AM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
Okay, so I've been fiddling around with this for quite some time now and I just can't seem to get it to work.

I followed your advice. I didn't make any of the changes this thread suggested to any of my files. I added this code to index.php:

Quote:
<?php if ( is_front_page() ) {
include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php');
} ?>
As I only wanted the slider to show up on my static front page. The only did I ended up with was a empty white box with a black border.

I went through and added articleimg and URL to all of the test posts I have on the site. Absolutely nothing has changed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I even switched back to the default template and still nothing.

I'm going to try installing a fresh copy of Atahualpa and see if that changes anything. Other than that, I have no idea what could be wrong.

Any suggestions are definitely welcome!

ah:

I loaded the site in IE8 and got this:

Quote:
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)
Timestamp: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 06:01:57 UTC

Line: 38
Char: 21
Code: 0
URI: http://www.activistdork.org/wp-conte...gallery.js.php

Line: 4
Char: 1
URI: http://www.activistdork.org/wp-conte...transitions.js

Line: 51
Char: 13
URI: http://www.activistdork.org/?page_id=114

Line: 1
Char: 1
URI: http://www.activistdork.org/?page_id=114
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:02 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Did you configure the plugin too? You have to tell it what size it should be, which post IDs to draw from, how many posts, etc.

I suggest you watch this excellent tutorial video: http://www.featuredcontentgallery.com/

It helped me understand how FCG works.

Last edited by paulae; Oct 23, 2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:43 AM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
Yep. I watched the video and configured the plug-in basically just as told. Screen shots below.

I then went over to my index.php file and added this code:

Quote:
<div align="center">
<?php if (is_front_page()) include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?>
</div>
Just after:

Quote:
<?php /* get all options: */
include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');
get_header(); ?>
I've deactivated all other plug-ins I had running. I switched to the Default theme and the Featured Gallery Plug-In still didn't work. On the Default theme, I get nothing. On Atahualpa, I get a empty white box with a black border. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if I'm even doing anything wrong. Is the jQuery conflict still an issue?

I also deactivated the header just in case there was something happening there, and still nothing. This is quite frustrating. Nevertheless, thank you for helping me out so much.

If anyone wants to take a look at the page source, the test site is: www.activistdork.org.

I'd appreciate any and all help I can get.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.JPG
Views:	739
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	284  Click image for larger version

Name:	02.JPG
Views:	732
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	285  
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:10 PM
sparksmex

56 posts · Apr 2009
Jocotepec, Mexico
I could get neither D13 Slideshow or Featured Content Gallery working

but I could 'Featurific' ... however it's only for posts and I was trying for Page excerpts ... and it has a LOGO to upgrade
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:32 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
Yeah. I looked into the Featurific plug-in, and while it is nice, it's just not as feature rich and "clean" as the Featured Content Gallery plug-in. When you can get it to work, it does pay off quite a bit.

I'm hoping that with some assistance hear from people who have gotten it runing, that I can get it up on my site as well. I just don't know where I'm going wrong.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:51 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
I am not a WP programmer or JQuery expert. I do notice that this is in your header:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[

/* JQUERY */

jQuery(document).ready(function(){  

/* For IE6 */
	if (jQuery.browser.msie && /MSIE 6\.0/i.test(window.navigator.userAgent) && !/MSIE 7\.0/i.test(window.navigator.userAgent) && !/MSIE 8\.0/i.test(window.navigator.userAgent)) {

/* Max-width for images in IE6 */		
		var centerwidth = jQuery("td#middle").width(); 

/* Images without caption */
		jQuery(".post img").each(function() { 
			var maxwidth = centerwidth - 10 + 'px';
			var imgwidth = jQuery(this).width(); 
			var imgheight = jQuery(this).height(); 
			var newimgheight = (centerwidth / imgwidth * imgheight) + 'px';	
			if (imgwidth > centerwidth) { 
				jQuery(this).css({width: maxwidth}); 
				jQuery(this).css({height: newimgheight}); 
			}
		});

/* Images with caption */
		jQuery("div.wp-caption").each(function() { 
			var captionwidth = jQuery(this).width(); 
			var maxcaptionwidth = centerwidth + 'px';
			var captionheight = jQuery(this).height();
			var captionimgwidth =  jQuery("div.wp-caption img").width();
			var captionimgheight =  jQuery("div.wp-caption img").height();
			if (captionwidth > centerwidth) { 
				jQuery(this).css({width: maxcaptionwidth}); 
				var newcaptionheight = (centerwidth / captionwidth * captionheight) + 'px';
				var newcaptionimgheight = (centerwidth / captionimgwidth * captionimgheight) + 'px';
				jQuery(this).css({height: newcaptionheight}); 
				jQuery("div.wp-caption img").css({height: newcaptionimgheight}); 
				}
		});

/* sfhover for LI:HOVER support in IE6: */
		jQuery("ul li").
			hover( function() {
					jQuery(this).addClass("sfhover")
				}, 
				function() {
					jQuery(this).removeClass("sfhover")
				} 
			); 

/* End IE6 */
	}

jQuery(".post table tr").
		mouseover(function() {
			jQuery(this).addClass("over");
		}).
		mouseout(function() {
			jQuery(this).removeClass("over");
		});

jQuery(".post table tr:even").
		addClass("alt");

jQuery("input.text, input.TextField, input.file, input.password, textarea").
		focus(function () {  
			jQuery(this).addClass("highlight"); 
		}).
		blur(function () { 
			jQuery(this).removeClass("highlight"); 
		})

jQuery("input.inputblur").
		focus(function () {  
			jQuery(this).addClass("inputfocus"); 
		}).
		blur(function () { 
			jQuery(this).removeClass("inputfocus"); 
		})

jQuery("input.button, input.Button").
		mouseover(function() {
			jQuery(this).addClass("buttonhover");
		}).
		mouseout(function() {
			jQuery(this).removeClass("buttonhover");
		});

/* toggle "you can use these xhtml tags" */
	jQuery("a.xhtmltags").
		click(function(){ 
			jQuery("div.xhtml-tags").slideToggle(300); 
		});

/* For the Tabbed Widgets plugin: */
	jQuery("ul.tw-nav-list").
		addClass("clearfix");

});

//]]>
</script>
...and it isn't in my header, at least not "bare" like that. I could certainly imagine that is causing a conflict, but I don't know. I wonder if you were to disable the Tabbed Widgets plugin?

Juggledad or Flynn might have some ideas when they come back. Feel free to look at my source code and see if you can spot some obvious difference: http://www.larchmontgazette.com

I know it's very frustrating when you can't get something important to work.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 08:09 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
That is very strange.

At first, I didn't realize you were speaking to my Header as I've never installed the tabbed widgets plug-in, but after looking through my source, there it was. Very random. I notice that it's also in the source for sparksmex as well.

Now I'm totally confused. I think I'm going to delete all plug-ins. Delete the theme and re-install it and then re-install the Featured Content Gallery and see what happens.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 08:34 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
...and it isn't in my header, at least not "bare" like that. I could certainly imagine that is causing a conflict, but I don't know. I wonder if you were to disable the Tabbed Widgets plugin?

Juggledad or Flynn might have some ideas when they come back. Feel free to look at my source code and see if you can spot some obvious difference: http://www.larchmontgazette.com

I know it's very frustrating when you can't get something important to work.
After uninstalling the theme and uninstalling all plug-ins, doing a fresh install of WordPress 2.8.5 and Atahualpa 3.4.4, it seems that the code you noticed in my header is actually coming from the theme itself. It wasn't there at all when I was using the Classic theme, but as soon as I switched to Atahualpa, there it is. This will probably definitely be something that only Juggledad or Flynn can help me with if that's the case, though any one is welcome to try. I'm quite apologetic that I can't offer anything more than my immense gratitude right now.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 05:44 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Odd. Did you remove the tabbed widget from your active widgets list? It wouldn't surprise me if the code for that doesn't play well with FCG. FCG itself doesn't play well with lots of plugins.

The URL I showed you is my main site, running Atahualpa 3.4.3. I've decided to wait for 3.4.5 and skip 3.4.4. However, I have 3.4.4 and FCG running on a few other sites in test mode, if you'd like to see them. They have no extra security, so I'd rather not post the URLs. PM me if you'd like to look.

A basic question, and you may have answered already: is your site running PHP 5? Has to have that or FCG and many other things won't work.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 02:05 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
I just checked, and the site is running PHP 5. It seems that the tabbed widgets bit you noticed as well as a lot of other stuff is included at the bottom of the css.php file for 3.4.4, or at least at the bottom of mine. I've downloaded a copy from both this site and the WP repository, so I can only conclude that it's there for a reason.

I know, from research, that there is quite a bit of conflict between jQuery and this plug-in, but so many people have been able to find workarounds that allow them to utilize the plug-in that there must be some hope left. I supppose I should consider the fact that since FCG does conflict with so much, that maybe a similar plug-in appied properly would be the better solution. But FCG is so useful and easy to use, which is what I really need for the people I'm building the site for.

I have PM'ed you as I would like to take a look and see if I can spot anything. Hopefully, some how, I'll be able to get this to work or someone will come along and have the most amazing, yet simple solution yet and I'll feel a little inadequte, but at least I'll have a working FCG. :-)

Again, thanks for the consitent follow-up.