Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Want to use as a website, not a blog--how to remove stuff?

Old Aug 31, 2010, 05:25 PM
wyzegurl80

1 posts · Aug 2010
I want to use this as a business website rather than a blog. I don't want people to be able to leave comments. How can I remove the "leave a reply," "uncategorized" from the category bar, the "post" and "Comments" links at the top right corner?
I am quite new to this, so please make your directions idiot-proof : )
Thanks!
Heather
Old Sep 1, 2010, 01:53 AM
Tnesse

2 posts · Aug 2010
Hey Heather,

All of the things you asked for can be found in the atahualpa theme options (ATO) menu. Try looking around there and just try to adjust some settings and see what happens. Just copy the things that you change/delete into notepad, so in case anything goes wrong you can always put it back. This way you learn a little bit and you don't have to go to the forum every time you want to change something. To get you started here are some (idiot proof) directions:

To remove the footer on posts on the different pages go to the atahualpa theme options (ATO) and there go to: edit post/page info items. then go to: FOOTER: Homepage/multi post pages/single post pages and remove everything there.

to remove the "post" and "Comments" links at the top right corner: go to ATO-->RSS Settings and there you can select if you want to show the posts and comments icons.

To remove the uncategorized" from the category bar: I think you probably want to remove the entire category bar, and to do that you need to go to: ATO-->Style & edit Header Area--> Configure Header Area and remove the word %cats

Hope this works for you!

Ivo
Old Aug 4, 2011, 09:42 AM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
brilliant that really helped me...can take hours just finding the right place then it's so simple!! cheers