Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

The Most Inexperience Atahulapa User Here!

Old Sep 24, 2009, 06:36 PM
mldillman

1 posts · Sep 2009
This is going to sound bizarre.

I just got my very first computer last April (no joke). I now have eight websites online (don't ask me how), I am so new to all of this that I'm not even sure if this is the right place to be requesting help or asking questions. If it is not, please disregard and continue to laugh.

While my list of questions is vast I will continue to research for answers on my own time and try only to ask the ones which seem most important (relating to $$$).

Just now as I was registering with www.//ShareAsale.com to become an affiliate, I was asked for my main website URL and my email address that is "tied" to this URL. In the General Settings section in my WP Atahulapa theme there is a space titled E-mail address. Is this where I set up an email address, if so, where does that mail go and how do I get it?

I told you this was going to sound bizarre. Now you can stop laughing.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:33 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Do you have an email address yet? You can get a free one at https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount. Then you can put that in the settings area for Wordpress.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 06:11 PM
jfrenaye

54 posts · May 2009
I believe what ShareASale is looking for is that you "own the sites. They are looking for an email address that matches the domain.

www.yoursite.com shoudl have an email of you@yoursite.com and not you@aol.com or you@someotherurl.com
Old Oct 4, 2009, 06:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Each Wordpress install asks for an email address for admin purposes. New user notifications, comment notifications. That is what the 'email' setting is for in teh general settings. Some affiliates may also want to see you own it (like jfrenaye says)

You will need to do some research so you can setup some email addresses at your host (each is a little different) but setting up email addresses is NOT a wordpress function. It is something you do from your Host's (meaning 1and1 or GoDaddy or Westhost or any of the others) control panel.

If you don't have a requirement, the email address can be any valid email address you have.