Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Posting with multiple emails to take advantage of category posting in template

Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:41 AM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
Horse Country in Virginia
Posting with multiple emails to take advantage of category posting in template

I want to assign email addresses to will make it easier to post content on WP to a specific page.

My idea is to set up an email address used to post to WP. (addressusedtopost@site.com)

Then I would like to create other email addresses such as activities2o8upo0@site.com and healthtips567asdflsdaf70sdf@site.com

I would redirect these to addressusedtopost@site.com (because I understand you can only use one email address)

I would like these posted with the cat = activities in the case of activities@site.com or cat = healthtips from healthtips@site.com depending on the original address it was sent to.

Then with template pages set to cat=healthtips or cat=activities I can have this content post to the page I want to (using Juggledad's template) (wonderful)

The question is can anyone tell me how to parse the original "to:" address and then use that to set the category associated with the post?

I'm guessing I'd need to make a plugin or play with the post loop? I do a lot and mean well but am not a programer.

Can anyone think of a different approach that might be easier? is there a plugin?

3.7.5 WP 2.4.2
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check out the plugin 'postie'
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:27 PM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
thanks it is close but I'll need to do some tricky stuff. Will inform all after I play around a bit.
Best,

Charlie
Old Mar 19, 2013, 06:14 AM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
Having trouble with Postie on BlueHost. Does not pass the connection test. It time outs, Have trouble ticket in with them. This is most likely a wordpress/postie/blue host problem not so much theme. I'd be curious is anyone else is using Postie on Bluehost and if so what settings they use.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
One of the things I discovered with Postie is attempts to grap unlimited memory. This caused a hosts suhosin rule to lock out my site for a half hour.