Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] custom menu widget not displaying as designed

Old Oct 5, 2012, 02:42 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
[SOLVED] custom menu widget not displaying as designed

According to wordpress, the custom menu widget displays a vertical menu in the sidebar. However, in montezuma, it displays horizontally. Is this scheduled to be fixed soon? Is there a simple workaround in the meantime?

Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 03:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It's not a problem, it has to do with the CSS. The default styling is set that way. If you want it different you are responsible for editing the CSS and making the change.

To do this you should get familiar with FireBug in FireFox so you can examine the elements and test changes to see what needs to be changed. Then you can go into the themes CSS template options and make the change there. as a for instance, if you add the META widget, you will see the list items beside each other. if you examine it you will find that you need to change the css for .widget_meta >
li to a 'float: none'
Old Oct 5, 2012, 09:59 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
you need to change the css for .widget_meta > li to a 'float: none'
I also needed to do that to the
Code:
.menu li
item in menus.css to make it work. If I were also using horizontal menus, this might cause a problem, but I don't plan on using them, so it won't be a problem for me.

Quote:
Please donate if my support has been of value. Choose the PayPal button JUGGLEDAD.
I did, Juggledad, and I hope others do. Your help saved me a lot of time. Thanks.