Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Customizing the header

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 23, 2009, 01:15 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Customizing the header

Hi folks -
I've done several sites with this theme and in every case I'm using flash or HTML in the header (works great with Flynn's awesome "if" code to have a flash homepage header and static headers on other pages, too - real cool!)

Anyway - I realized in every instance, I have the page menu & any "bar1/bar2" I want at the top of the layout, followed by my custom header files. I'm playing with a layout that requires page menu/bar content BELOW the header art.

How do I chop up the code to do this? (Using 332 for this site, BTW). Everything I try breaks up the page, looks like a column span issue??

Here's what works with the menus/bars at page TOP:

Code:
</colgroup> 
	<tr>

<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata['configure_header']); ?>
		<!-- Header -->
		<td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $cols; ?>">		
		<div style="height: 303px;">PUT HEADER CONTENT HERE, flash, table, etc</div>
		</td>
		<!-- / Header -->
	</tr>
	<!-- Main Body -->
Any ideas?? I've really painted myself into a corner with this layout! I know next-to-nothing about php but I've tried moving various bits around with no luck. Thanks for any help!