Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Adding two-columns to home page with post images, ver3.4.5

Old Feb 7, 2010, 05:03 PM
marvinc

9 posts · Jan 2010
I'd like to change the default layout of Atahualpa ver3.4.5 and replace it with two columns displaying post images and wonder if the instructions listed here are still applicable:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1288

Any responses appreciated.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 08:54 PM
marvinc

9 posts · Jan 2010
I've managed to follow the instructions listed in the post and now have the two-column layout that I was seeking. Now that I have this I'd like to make one additional change and that's to have the ability to have one post remain at the top that displays a rotating Smoothgallery. This single post will span the length of the two columns and under it will be 6 or 8 posts that display based on category. So I end up with the following layout:

|==============|
|Post 1 Gallery |
|==============|

|=====| |=====|
| CAT | | CAT |
| Post1 | | Post2|
|=====| |=====|

|=====| |=====|
| CAT | | CAT |
| Post3 | | Post4|
|=====| |=====|

|=====| |=====|
| CAT | | CAT |
| Post5 | | Post6|
|=====| |=====|

What I'm loosing my wits on, which might be simple, is to make it so that whenever a new post is created for lets say category post4 it's fixed to that post or area instead of showing up in one of the other category posts / slots? Am I missing the obvious with specifying?

Any direction on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 05:01 AM
levenssfeer

30 posts · Oct 2010
Great question, but sorry I don't know the answer. I would love to also know the answer to this question, in my case I would like to make the top static post a video. Anyone knows if this is possible as well?