Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

WP Forum + Atahualpa: User cannot see the forum

Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:16 AM
Janine

33 posts · Jan 2010
I'm using the WP Forum plug in and have set everything up. It looks very nice. But there are still problems... <sigh>

I have a problem with the Forum as a Guest User (and as Administrator).

The Guest User cannot see the posts in the forum:

1) Guest user cannot see any posts in the forum unless they register!
2) ...and when Guest user registers, they still cannot see any posts because…

This Newbie Administrator will suffer from lack of sleep and overwork:

3) ...because Administrator has to manually add the new Guest user from the WP Users Dashboard Admin area to the Forum’s User Group. Only then can a Guest User be successfully registered.

4) ...and Administrator does not receive notice of a new registered member by e-mail.

All forums I have ever visited have allowed a Guest to see the posts, and then only when the Guest wishes to post, should they register. i.e. Guests should normally not have to wait until the Forum’s Administrator discovers their (numerous) attempts to enter the Forum. This Forum is just such a typical Forum in a normal standard use.

Is there a genius that could help me before I collapse from exhaustion (deleting all those attempts to log in and see the forum) and by being glued to the computer for a just-in-case-someone tries to log on?

Here’s my website so you can see for yourself, the problem I have. The WP Forum is under the TEACHER’S CORNER menu tab.

http://ft-training.com

One very perplexed Newbie Forum Administrator

… and thanks.

Janine

Last edited by Janine; Jan 24, 2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you switch to the default theme does the problem persist? This will tell you weither it is a theme/plugin issue or just a plugin issue. If it is a plugin issue then you should check with the plugin developer about your issue.

I don''t see any issue when I look at your page, but then I don;t know where the issue might be. Does it appear on the front page? Somewhere else?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 07:21 PM
Janine

33 posts · Jan 2010
In the attachment, you will be able to see the categories a User should be able to see in the forum... but can't. I can see them because I am registered and have been allotted a User Group.

When I switch to a WP default (2 columns not 3 as in Atahulalpa), there is no menu tabs to access the forum so I cannot check.

Janine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot ftt forum.png
Views:	1459
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	361  
Old Jan 25, 2010, 04:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
How does one get to this forum?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 05:29 AM
Janine

33 posts · Jan 2010
My website is:

www.ft-training.com

The forum is the TEACHER'S CORNER. This is found in the menu row to the left of "Downloads"

Unless you register, and wait for me to add you to a User Group, you will not be able to see the various Forum categories I have set up

...and a very big thanks for trying to help solve my problem!

Janine
Old Jan 25, 2010, 05:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
so this is a problem with the plugin, not Atahualpa. Have you requested help from the plugin author?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 09:28 AM
Janine

33 posts · Jan 2010
I've asked them on the forum too -- over two weeks ago and still no reply.
I sent the plugin author an e-mail last week and no reply either.

Janine

PS Which forum is being used here? It must be compatible with Atahulalpa

Last edited by Janine; Jan 25, 2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 09:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
THe software that this forum uses is vBulletin - it's a seperate product, see the notice at the bottom of the page.