Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Dual Title Colour Problem

Old Oct 4, 2012, 02:11 PM
simon_me

6 posts · Oct 2012
Dual Title Colour Problem

Hi there! Thanks for great theme firstly. But i have a problem with a dual title colour.

I want to highlight my title like "com." - with one colour, "press" - with another.
I have read about firstpart code, but simply didn't find where to edit or paste it
Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2012, 06:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The blog title is set in the virtual sub-template header.php and comes from a WordPress function. So you would want to replace that whit a hard coded text and put the two color code there.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 02:04 AM
simon_me

6 posts · Oct 2012
Thanks! I did
HTML Code:
<h1 id="sitetitle">   
          <a href = "http://testagain.hostenko.com">
      <span class="firstpart">com.</span> 
  press
   </a>
</h1>
But now it's some space after "com."

How can i fix it?
Thanks

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 5, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Currently there is no way to do this. the code will split the title in half to have the dual color. So if your title is 15 characters, the split will be at 7

I'll create an RFE for this
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:18 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_me

But now it's some space after "com."

How can i fix it?
To eliminate the space, try this code, with no spaces or newlines:

Code:
<a href = "http://testagain.hostenko.com"><span class="firstpart">com.</span>press</a>
If it works, please post the rest of the code to make it not split the color in the middle. I'd like to do something similar.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 04:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
jerryc: good idea, I had the same one and tried it but it doesn't work, the whole line becomes the same color.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 09:35 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
jerryc: good idea, I had the same one and tried it but it doesn't work, the whole line becomes the same color.
Me, too, jug. That's why I asked simon for the rest of the code. He got that part to work, and you and I got the space to go away.

Simon, did you do something else, like maybe in the css, to get both colors to show?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:57 PM
simon_me

6 posts · Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryc
If it works, please post the rest of the code to make it not split the color in the middle. I'd like to do something similar.
no, all text became black
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:20 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_me
no, all text became black
I've been thinking about this, but I haven't tried it yet. How about spanning the whole thing with a tag that says
HTML Code:
<span style = "word-spacing:0px;"> ... </span>
and leaving the rest of the code the way you laid it out.