Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Error when selecting 'add new widget area' or any menu item below this

Old May 22, 2010, 11:20 AM
gaidin

21 posts · May 2010
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/a5328586/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa349/functions/bfa_ata_admin.php on line 459

I recently installed this theme and attempted to add some new widget areas, but whenever I selected

'Add new WIDGET AREAS'

I get the above error, I have since discovered that any menu item in the menu list below 'Add new WIDGET AREAS' will also generate this error while items above works fine.

help please!!

WP ver#: 2.9.1
Old May 22, 2010, 01:05 PM
gaidin

21 posts · May 2010
UPDATE!!!

Some new information. I have found the add new widget area its at the very bottom of the page.

Seems the admin/setting page for this theme is broken and is not being formatted properly. Colour boxes are misplaced and the page is split into two with 2 separate save setting and reset buttons.

seems to be worst on some menu items.

Is this a known problem? Is there an existing fix or is this unique to me?

EDIT:: I have just tried loading the back panel in Firefox and also in IE7 (I usually use Chrome for browsing and firefox for page editing because of its great css plugin support)

Same result in Firefox as in Chrome, but is properly formatted in IE7

Here is an image of the admin section in Chrome

Last edited by gaidin; May 22, 2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old May 22, 2010, 01:27 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I think the solution to this problem is simple, but of course, Flynn is going to need to fix it in the next release.

I have Wordpress 3.0beta-2 running. I have a simple site there, and I just started over with WP 3.0 and Atahualpa 3.4.6. Today I installed 3.4.9, and had the same problem as most everybody, with the styles not being there, nothing saved from the previous styles.

My dashboard was OK, even the Atahualpa theme options. In the import/export area, I imported the ata-round.txt file, and that made everything else appear to work. I'm not seeing any problem yet with the add new widgets area, although I haven't tried to create a new one yet.

Although my previous theme options weren't saved, my new menu was. Notice the right sidebar menu, which uses the new WP 3.0 enhanced menu function, with a mixture of pages, categories and outside links.

http://profilet.com/

Last edited by paulae; May 22, 2010 at 01:31 PM.