Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] next page link not working when "home category" is set?

Old May 21, 2010, 04:58 AM
WesleyTack

14 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via MSN to WesleyTack
Hello,
I'm using wp 2.9.2 and atahualpa 3.4.4
I have a problem when I set a "Home link in Category Menu Bar".
When this is set and your homepage has enough posts to start a 2nd page whenever I click on "show older entries" is just goes back to the same front page and not page 2.
The link shows "/?paged=2" and should be "/?cat=8&paged=2", so it basically doesn't show a category to go to. Does anyone know where I need to fix this?
I am excluding categories from my front page except the one I want there (which is also the same name I use in the "Home link in Category Menu Bar".

I hope my question is clear, thanks in advance!
Old May 22, 2010, 02:36 AM
WesleyTack

14 posts · Dec 2009
I think I need to edit something here in the "bfa_next_previous_links.php"

Code:
// for WP 2.5 and newer
	if ( function_exists('is_front_page') ) {

// make sure this is the real homepage and not a subsequent page
		if ( is_front_page() AND !is_paged() ) {
			$nav_home_add = ""; $nav_home_div = ""; 
		} else {
			$nav_home_add = '-home';
			$nav_home_div = $nav_home_div_on; 
		}
	}
so I have set a "front page" and it is "paged", whenever I click on "show next page" it simply returns to the front page and not to page 2... is there a way to perhaps set the front page to direct to a categories next page at all times (as the front page is just a single category).

I'm gonna try some more digging myself but my understanding of php isn't all that great
Old May 22, 2010, 03:30 AM
WesleyTack

14 posts · Dec 2009
Another thing I just found out is that even when I don't use a category as a front page but the default WP front page it also doesn't go to the next page... hmm maybe this is a WP issue
Old May 22, 2010, 05:42 AM
WesleyTack

14 posts · Dec 2009
Will I fixed my problem by redirecting my site intermediately to the category I wanted using this plugin for those who have the same issue:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/redirection/

works for me