Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to keep my blog from auto-adjusting to the width of the browser window

Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
harpek

32 posts · Jun 2009
I can't really explain it any other way... Right now, when I adjust the width of my web browser window, my blog layout expands or contracts along with it. I would like for the blog to not self-adjust and to just stay a constant 1200px wide that always stays anchored in the exact same spot. I feel like I looked at every single option but I am certainly not seeing where to fix this. Help?

Also, my blog site is here:
http://kemeya.com/blog/

Thanks!!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What are your layout options?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:10 PM
harpek

32 posts · Jun 2009
Layout WIDTH and type (FLUID or FIXED): 1200px
Layout MIN and MAX width: 1200

Layout Container Style:
HTML Code:
padding: 0;
Layout Container Padding Left/Right: 0

IE Document Type: None
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It stays the same width for me in FireFox and Safari on the MAC. Are you saying you want it to remain in the same spot no matter how width you make the window?

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 20, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:03 PM
harpek

32 posts · Jun 2009
I hadn't thought to check cross-browser, but after doing so I see that the issue is the same across the board. I am also on a MAC.

Yes, I want the width I set in the ATO-Layout section to be absolute and not readjust as the window gets wider (or more narrow). It's behaving like I have a % instead of a pixel amount listed, but I can't find a culprit anywhere :-( If you want to see an example of what I want, check out my (soon-to-be portfolio) site at: http://kemeya.com/design (I am using the exact same theme, so you can see how I'm totally stumped)

Notice that even if you make the window enormously wide, or incredibly narrow, my layout doesn't shift...
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could put absolute positioning on the wrapper but then when someone looks at the site with a wide monitor there will be a lot of space on the right.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:17 PM
harpek

32 posts · Jun 2009
That's fine by me. How do I do that?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
use a css insert like
HTML Code:
#wrapper {position: absolute; left: 50px;}
if you don't mind my asking - Why do you want to do that? People are use to things centered and it very well may turn people off to your site, they are going to assume something is wrong.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:36 PM
harpek

32 posts · Jun 2009
I don't mind... I suppose I was being stubborn. I did get to preview my blog on a larger monitor and had to eat some crow over it. It does look better now, and I made both sites identical in that respect. Thaaaaanks :-)