Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Dashboard empty after installing Atahualpa 3.xx

Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hommels

9 posts · Nov 2009
Hi!
First of all: I Love Atahualpa, and i love to have hundreds of options!

I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.1 on another blog, together with wordpress 2.8.4 german, and it's really working fine.

Now i installed WP 2.8.5 german for another friend on his brand new blog, installed atahualpa 3.4.4 and after entering the admin area, the Dashboard ist just empty - except the black top banner where i can choose to add a new article.

Activating another theme - everythings fine again, re-activating atahualpa, Dashboard's empty again. I tried this with to different mysql servers, version 4 and 5. Still the same.

Erased Database and cleaned the webspace via FTP, installed the database again, installed Wordpress - everything seems just fine. Standard Theme is working, i can write articles, create sites - works. Uploading and activating atahualpa (tried the 3.4.1 too) - Dashboards empty again.

Does somebody have any idea what this can be? To be honest, i tried some different themes after these problems occured, but none of them met my needs - i want "my" atahualpa back..

I would highly appreciate any help and any idea - thanks in advance!

Guido
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When you go to the theme selector, do you see the preview thumbnail of the atahualpa theme?
What version of PHP? is there a difference between your site and theirs?
How much PHP memory are they allowed to use?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:17 PM
Hommels

9 posts · Nov 2009
Thank you for the fast reply!!

Just found out something very weird. In the empty Dashboard with this black header on top, i can choose "new article" for example. Doing so, the hole Dashboard appears visible, i can change theme options, everythings seems to be just fine, and i could live with that. But when i then try to do some changes to an existing article or site, the text in the editor ist white on white. I can mark the text to see it, but it's just impossible to write anything cause you can't see it.

Answers to your questions:

- Yes, i can see the preview thumbnail of the atahualpa theme
- Just found out that the php Versions are different, my board is on 5.2.6-1+lenny3 (whatever that means.. i'm absolutely no php expert..), on the other there's a 4.4.9
- Entering my blog, there's a Memory Overview, which i'm missing on the other blog. Where can i find this memory overview in a fresh installed Wordpress?

Sorry for all these questions, i know i should learn some basics before playing with the older boys, but i've been pushed into this, and now i'm trying to start somewhere in the middle.

On a side notice, i tried to find out how to use php 5 on the "other" webspace, it's one of the main german providers (1&1), and it seems like if im willing to use php5, i need to change (all?) my file extensions from php to php5. Eehh..

Edit: Found the Memory Usage Plugin.

Edit2: Memory allowed: 40Mb, used are bit more than 13Mb

Last edited by Hommels; Nov 5, 2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
for 1&1 you just need an entry in an .htaccess see this FAQ from 1&1
http://faq.oneandone.com/scripting_l...ted/php/9.html
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:58 PM
Hommels

9 posts · Nov 2009
OMG! Just added this .htaccess file with the "AddType x-mapp-php5 .php" line in it and now it works!! Thank you very very much!

Even without knowing anything about php, i should have thought about this.. but i did not expect that 1&1 is still using php4 as standard. Puh, now i can start building this page, thanks again!!

(i promise to press the "donate" button when this is done!)