Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

New Site Layout -- how does this look, any suggestions welcome!

Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:33 AM
Misa

16 posts · Feb 2010
Hello folks,

About to build a new site and would like some hints about the layout sent to me by the designer... By the way, Lmilesw was a tremendous help with my generic questions last week!

Me being a novice and all, would appreciate any advice or hints that would help make this work. I know Atahualpa is very flexible from my previous site so I know it can/will work, just thought I'd ask the experts for advice first before wracking my brain on code modifications. They want a fixed width site. The version of Atahualpa used on my previous site is SO OLD I'm sure some of the layout modifications might be even easier than messing with code like before -- and that was a lot of messing! Here's the gist of the layout in mind (disregard my wonderful photoshop skills ):

What I'm most curious about would be the placement of the generic navigation links right next to the Logo / Image header. I know it's doable but hell if I can suss it out easily!

Many thanks in advance for any / all suggestions offered.

Cheers,
Misa
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Thanks for the thanks Misa... My first thought for your logo navigation issue is to add a 2 cell widget area in ATO>Style & edit HEADER AREA>Configure Header Area. You would the put your logo in the left widget and the navigation in the right one.

If you search through the forums you will see a bunch of posts on adding widget areas. You can adjust the width of the widget areas to conform to your sidebar width.

I believe this SHOULD work.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:29 PM
Misa

16 posts · Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Thanks for the thanks Misa... My first thought for your logo navigation issue is to add a 2 cell widget area in ATO>Style & edit HEADER AREA>Configure Header Area. You would the put your logo in the left widget and the navigation in the right one.

If you search through the forums you will see a bunch of posts on adding widget areas. You can adjust the width of the widget areas to conform to your sidebar width.

I believe this SHOULD work.
Whoa, nice. It's far more advanced than 2.21. Sounds a lot easier than tons of code mods. Although I'd be more than willing to do that if necessary. Thanks again!