Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Add second category menu bar?

Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:18 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I could quickly run out of real estate for my categories, and I don't want to have to make some of them into parent/child drop-downs. Is there a way to add a second menu bar under the original?
Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:32 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The menu buttons should automatically wrap into the next line if you keep adding first level menu items. Creating a separate third menu bar isn't easy at the moment as it requires a good deal of extra CSS and extra Javascript too, I'll have to think about a more general approach for this as customizing the menus has been in high demand
Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:51 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
OK, thanks. I saw how the extra menu items will wrap around, but it looks nasty to have just one or two hanging down like that. If there were an extra bar, I could put 8 in one and 8 in another, say.

The trouble, Flynn, is that you've given us such a beautifully customizable theme, we're getting greedy!