Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Running 3.7.3....Safe to upgrade to WP 3.4?

Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:39 PM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Anyone try upgrading to the new 3.4 WordPress?...reason I ask is it looks like they added ways to customize..wondering how that will interfere with ATA?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you do decide to upgrade, make sure you do a full backup first, database and all the files.

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 18, 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:32 PM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
if you do decide to upgrade, make sure you do a full backup first, database and all the files.

Thanks Juggledad....Just from what they did I thought there might be a problem...Appreciate your help..Hope this finds you well...

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 18, 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I haven't seen any issues other than they moved the location of the version number in the theme picker - you have to press the 'details' link to see it.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:52 PM
VivBounty

51 posts · Jun 2012
Canadian Maritimes
Hello juggledad,

I just installed Atahualpa 3.7.7 and before reading this thread upgraded to WP3.4. I see my version of Atahualpa but that's where my savvy ends.

I see the 2 posts I've done as this is a very new blog. I haven't even begun to size my own header to upload as I have no idea how to change the layout to 2 columns. Narrower sidebar on the right.

I have a header size 940 px x 198 px but can resize it. It looks a bit stretched in the re-size for 2011 at 1000px x 288px so I suppose I'd like my Atahualpa theme to be 1000 px wide but not such a tall header.

I was advised by a mod in WP.org forums to get this theme instead of 2011 because my table with background images wouldn't fit in the sidebar and he/she said that one didn't have to know anything to work with this theme.

btw, my table in the widget sidebar displayed brilliantly in the preview of Atahualpa so I'm already thrilled even if extremely exhausted with a neck ache

I know little to nothing about CSS and am in the styling page in my dashboard totally lost.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I suggest you spend some time and go thru the various options that Atahualpa has. Make a change and go look at your site - (having a test site you can play with is a good idea)

read the on screen documentation and experiment. There is also a Atahualpa 101 guide a woman named Carol Smith wrote (google 'carol smith atahualpa' you might want to get)

remember it won't all come in a day, it takes time to learn any new tool.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:39 PM
VivBounty

51 posts · Jun 2012
Canadian Maritimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I suggest you spend some time and go thru the various options that Atahualpa has. Make a change and go look at your site - (having a test site you can play with is a good idea)

read the on screen documentation and experiment. There is also a Atahualpa 101 guide a woman named Carol Smith wrote (google 'carol smith atahualpa' you might want to get)

remember it won't all come in a day, it takes time to learn any new tool.
Hello Juggledad, Humble apologies for posting so early in the process. You are absolutely right of course and right after I posted here I googled for help and found the tutorial you are referring to. Talk about decoding, WOW! This tutorial has changed my life. I had not slept in a week trying to just get a form to fit in my 2010 then 2011 theme because a guy with a HUGE list liked my blog and wanted to send it to his list. Well I think they (10's of thousands of them) must've seen the picasso like version with bits of form all over the screen, LOL. Oh well, all took me to a new learning curve and I can now do so much more with all 6 of my blogs. Thank you so much for your kind redirection and not making me feel any dumber than I already did.

Have a great weekend,
Viv