Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] static page <title> with WP setting "Front page displays: Your latest posts"

Old Jun 4, 2011, 07:44 AM
jgehrcke

6 posts · Jun 2009
Dear supporters,

on my website http://gehrcke.de, I've set Wordpress Dashboard->Settings->Reading to "Front page displays: Your latest posts".

The problem now is that the HTML <title> tag of this front page always carries the title of the most recent blog post. Instead, I would like to define my own static title for this front page and, if possible, meta tags. How do I accomplish this?

I currently use Atahualpa 3.6.7.

Thanks a lot in advance, I've tried to solve this issue for a long time now and the same question in the WordPress forum did not yield a solution.

Jan-Philip
Old Jun 4, 2011, 07:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That's where an SEO plugin would come in handy.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 04:38 AM
jgehrcke

6 posts · Jun 2009
Thanks for your answer.

First, I do not see any reason, why this should not work without SEO plugin. My feeling is, that people intuitively want to have the frontpage showing the blog posts while having a static title like "Peter's blog".

So, primarily I am looking for a way to achieve this with only WordPress/Atahualpa and I'm still happy to get suggestions at this point.

Then, of course, you are right. I also thought, that SEO plugins should be able to to this. I tried "TGFI.net SEO" and "SEO Title Tag". Both do not have an option to set the tags for the "front page". Do you know which SEO plugin can do what I want?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 04:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
make sure you have applied ALL the 3.6.7 BUGFIX's (New Versions & Updates forum)

it works the way you expect for me with no SEO
Old Jun 7, 2011, 07:04 AM
jgehrcke

6 posts · Jun 2009
juggledead,

you are totally right, thank you. The TGFI SEO plugin had screwed this up. Without any SEO plugin, Atahualpa is showing the title as defined in WP Settings -> General -> Site title on the blog post front page; great.

With the plugin "All in one SEO", I was able to additionally set the keywords and description meta tags for the front page. I deactivated any title-blabla of all in one SEO, because Atahualpa already does a good job at this point.

I should have done this standard procedure myself... deactivating relevant plugins and see how it works out. Sorry that I've taken your time

Jan-Philip